Spark cable

Civic

Neutral Newbie

can any one tell me which spark cable i should use ????

thought of buying "Blue Thunder or Splitfire",

I am driving a 2000 VTi Auto [:(][:(][:(][:(]

the spark cable should i buy 9.5 or 10.5 mm

Pls advise me thanks

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Best in the business IMHO is Magnecor KV85 wires.

They have 2.5mm cores compared to most "other" brands with 2mm core only. When U see wires promoting with 8, 9, 10 or even 11mm thickness, that is just the insulation thickness variance. So in essence, unless you're running high underhood temperature, insulation need not be as thick as 10. 8mm is suffice for most mildly modded cars.

Only dragsters need 10-11mm wires [;)]

www.magnecor.com

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

[:)] going to ....

but don't know which K&N filter to use coz new to mod

any advise ????

irdium sparks which one to buy ??

i dont' know which one suit me someone told must check HEAT FEQ.....

Auto can't pick up faster than manual !!

Pls help

Edited by Civic

Neutral Newbie

K&N filters helps more on the high end rpms whereas for city drives and highway cruises the stock paper filter is more than enough. One quick mod you can do is to remove the resonator box at the air intake before the air filter box. This will free up more intake air charge.

Check out www.iridumpower.com for more details on the plugs.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

"resonator box " which one is it. I am not very sure about it.

wat the use of the "resonator box " ???

Edited by Civic

Neutral Newbie

Resonator box is located around your front bumper lower area (near foglight location) and used to reduce intake sound by buffer plates. This decrease the airflow velocity into your airbox thus robbing some power especially at high end.

Removing it and replacing with a flexible hose or cold air intake setup will help free up some power.

Neutral Newbie

Sigh.... My car does not have a visible cable for me to mod... Or is it that the GDI does not even have a spark cable at all??[pirate]

Neutral Newbie

How much would a "Magnecor KV85 wires" cost?

There are numerous cables in the market and ALL claim to do wonders to the power of the car. I never believe in them but would explore if this Magnecor is cheap enough for my weak appetite for car accessories spendings.

Anyone with other experiences with other cables?

Best in the business IMHO is Magnecor KV85 wires.

They have 2.5mm cores compared to most "other" brands with 2mm core only. When U see wires promoting with 8, 9, 10 or even 11mm thickness, that is just the insulation thickness variance. So in essence, unless you're running high underhood temperature, insulation need not be as thick as 10. 8mm is suffice for most mildly modded cars.

Only dragsters need 10-11mm wires [;)]

www.magnecor.com

Neutral Newbie

Just visualise the resonator as a muffler but at the intake section. It's function is to dampen the induction roar. It is located before the filter box.

Neutral Newbie

I have not seen the engine of the Galant closely but it could have direct ignition. That means there's only small cables leading to individual solenoids which in turn are plugged directly onto the spark plugs. The solenoid will receive a small electrical pulse, boost it up and fire the plug directly. This way, no thick cables are needed.

At least, this is the ignition system on my babe! [;)]

Hope I don't end up confusing you! [;)]

↡ Advertisement