Skoda owners...did you know?

David

Neutral Newbie

here is what is 'hanging/sticking' on our back windscreen:

(left and right subjective to where you looking from, so will be using seats to indicate position instead)

top passenger side : 'baby on board' sign

top center: mcf decal (just below the 3rd brake light)

top driver side: class 95 decal.

so far, we have went for about 2 to 3 times of class 95 decal giveaway at the padang (coz we will pass by the padang at 6pm everyday on our way home... hehe), usually, they will comment that they cannot see our decals :( coz octavia's rear windscreen slopes quite alot, very hard to 'see' the decals....

↡ Advertisement

Asked servotronic people and they said VW and audi don't share the same lifter as the skodas. Where as labour is concern. Servo was going to charge me 40 bux for changing all my faulty lifter. Thats why i wanna go back to them to change it. Doesn't matter where i can get the lifter. I'll just go back to them anyway. I've probably seen numurous opening of my door panel to understand how to fix the lifter. Just hoping the parts will arrive.

Neutral Newbie

beano, you can buy VAG parts from XinZhong along Lavender street. IT's typically cheaper than if you were to buy from the dealer here.

I got my xenon OEM from them at 50% (or even more) of what C&C would charge me.

sounds like ur lifter problem is the same as the earlier version of VW MK4 cars ... maybe VW sell the problematic parts to Skoda Czech? [shocked]

I think Czech Auto is now selling the Classic for $77K, but it comes with leather seats and wood finish interior (I think). Not a bad price considering that I bought mine from JTA for $75K without any additional stuff thrown in. Czech Auto initially wanted to sell the Classic for $85K, but I guess with the drop in price of Corollas, Lancers etc, they had to drop their price if they wanted to sell anything.