New SEAT Toledo!

Jgoh

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

New SEAT Toledo

Text & photos courtesy SEAT S.A.

edited 07-22-2004

[/size]A new saloon concept

Only two months after its introduction as a prototype at the Madrid Motor Show, the new Toledo is already a reality. With it, SEAT redefines the classical saloon concept to offer more versatility, functionality, and unprecedented spaciousness for an automobile of this class.

The third Toledo generation retains the essence of its predecessors, combining the notchback concept of the current model (launched in 1998) with the rear hatch of the first Toledo (1991). All moreover without giving up one of the most appealing features for Toledo users: a large volume boot.

The new Toledo will be introduced next September at the International Automobile Salon in Paris. And it will be launched on the market before the end of the year.

Due to its size, features and versatility, the second model of the

post-3-1090613402_thumb.jpg

post-3-1090613403_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jgoh
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Four engines

The new model is available with four different engines, two petrol

post-3-1090613809_thumb.jpg

post-3-1090613810_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jgoh

Looks like the Mz3 form certain angles....

Say J, long time since we last met...when we gonna do the test drive again? Hands itchin for the E60!!! [sly] Looks have kinda set in wif me! [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

The looks of the new Seat Toledo is not very appealing, in my opinion. [thumbsdown]

The front of the car looks too similar to the recently introduced Seat Altea while the rear reminds me of the Renault Vel Satis, which was poorly received by the public in Europe and has been subsequently canned, if I am not wrong. [shakehead]

The design of the dashboard seems to be from the Seat Altea as well.

I still think the current shape of the Seat Toledo looks much better. [nod]

(edited)

The marketing hype forgot to mention 'ugly'. Sorry, but coming from a Tody MkII admirer, this in no way improves it one bit. How does this semi-MPV move Seat towards their goal of being a 'Spanish Alfa'?? I expected something low-slung, even coupe-like, not a bloated transporter - they already have the Altea for that. Supreme missed opportunity [shakehead]

The ultimate test - can you imagine anyone looking at these photos saying 'dammit, I have to have one of those!!'?

Edited by Seansene

Neutral Newbie

Yeah I think this new model is fugly...prefer my current MKII model anytime...well, looks like have to jump ship next time....

Turbocharged

it looks very different from the current model!!! smile.gif let's hope the market is ready for its radical look smile.gif

Neutral Newbie

An eyesore.... gosh seems that Citreon C4 looks most promising of the new batch of Conti hatch...

Neutral Newbie
Yeah I think this new model is fugly...prefer my current MKII model anytime...well, looks like have to jump ship next time....

How about jumping over to Alfa ???? inlove.gif

I'm still smitten by the Alfa GT serpent's look.....and that fatal kiss.... gorgeous.gif

↡ Advertisement