Recommendation of wheel alignment workshop

Bfmstg

Neutral Newbie

Kenny is running OMO nowadays. Better make prior appointment before going down.

He opens at 12 noon. Had my wheel alignment done today- now my wheels runs true.

• Praise 1

On 3/24/2012 at 3:51 AM, Mit81 said:

JC Wheel Dynamic Pte Ltd located at 48 Toh Guan Rd

Enterprise Hub #02-109 S(608586).

Point of contact- ah siong 84025982

Verli detailed chap, try till he feel it's up to standard b4 passing it to u

Thanks for the contact as i am staying around the west, went to Ah Xiong workshop called Soon Huat AutoServ Pte Ltd now. As i have change my Steering wheel and my alignment went off, proceed to his workshop to get it fixed. 2 Wheel alignment for $60.  

Ah Xiong is a friendly chap and test drive with you after car alignment by his team.

His workshop address now as of year 2019:

48 Toh Guan Road East #01-136 Enterprise Hub, 608586

Becareful with wheel alignment, doesn't mean the machine says all aligned, the car will go straight. Have past experiences where the mechanic just use the machine to align, the car still drift to the right with constant wear on the tyre.

25 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

my mech said it’s normal pointing to left

because spore road are slanted to left to disperse rain water 

true?

Your mechanic must be working at Nascar previously.... The race cars only need to turn left. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

On 3/29/2020 at 11:01 AM, Techgod said:

Becareful with wheel alignment, doesn't mean the machine says all aligned, the car will go straight. Have past experiences where the mechanic just use the machine to align, the car still drift to the right with constant wear on the tyre.

Wheel aligner measure wheels at a static point  whereas a side slip tester test the wheels in motions.It is best to do a final test with a side slip tester after setting all the wheel angles.

With side slip test , the mech will have to do very small adjustment on the toe angles to reduce the wheels lateral pulling forces.

• Praise 1

On 3/29/2020 at 12:58 PM, Wt_know said:

true?

Your mech just do not have sufficient knowledge on wheel geometry.

On 2/20/2020 at 8:28 PM, Discoburg said:

Went to Kian Leong auto centre this noon to do alignment. The mech said my left rear wheel have more toe in then the right rear wheel. 0°18 vs 0°03 😓

Having both front wheels toe with same angle  does not guarantee the car will not move laterally.

• Praise 1

Japan is first country to cooperated the Wheel Side slip Testing into the compulsory Vehicle inspection  program.

Singapore is the first outside Japan & Korea to start computerized vehicle inspection.

Side slip testing is a major component in the testing and inspection program. Why side slip testing - it is due to road safety. Vehicles must not be allowed to move laterally  more than 5m over a distant of 1km. Any movement more than 5m/km is considered unsafe and treated as a major fault resulting in over fail inspection.

On 3/30/2020 at 6:57 PM, Yeobh said:

Japan is first country to cooperated the Wheel Side slip Testing into the compulsory Vehicle inspection  program.

Singapore is the first outside Japan & Korea to start computerized vehicle inspection.

Side slip testing is a major component in the testing and inspection program. Why side slip testing - it is due to road safety. Vehicles must not be allowed to move laterally  more than 5m over a distant of 1km. Any movement more than 5m/km is considered unsafe and treated as a major fault resulting in over fail inspection.

more than 5m over the 1 km distance is considered Unsafe?  I got confused btw sideslip and Toe 

10 minutes ago, Roberttan said:

more than 5m over the 1 km distance is considered Unsafe?  I got confused btw sideslip and Toe 

Read up on the relationship of wheel camber angle and toe setting - excess positive camber will cause the wheel to roll out . In order to prevent this happening , the wheel needs to have toe - in  setting to get the wheel to roll straight  ahead.

When both front wheels develop different lateral forces the car will move side way either to the right or left depending on which wheel has a strongest lateral forces.

• Shocked 1

On 3/29/2020 at 12:58 PM, Wt_know said:

true?

true, but not to the point u cannot even travel 1 lamp pole to 1 lamp pole, after a while your car confirm drift left.

• Haha! 1

Just a quick check.  During Vicom annual inspection, they also check the condition of your car wheel alignment right?

I remember during my Nissan presea days, they failed my side slip.

Edited by Albeniz

4 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

Just a quick check.  During Vicom annual inspection, they also check the condition of your car wheel alignment right?

I remember during my Nissan presea days, they failed my side slip.

Yes. They drive over a movable metal.board on the floor

That  is for sideslip