Recommendation of wheel alignment workshop

Bfmstg

15 hours ago, Yeobh said:

@Chogokin No need to test drive, just slowly drive over a simple portable side slip tester . Any pulling to the right or left will shown by a point, simple as ABC.

sst48_ opt.jpg

SST48 L opt.jpg

sst48_ car.jpg

i am not an expert , this is what called Side slip test ? is not a Complete Alignment if I am not wrong , may be any expert can share your View? thanks in Advance

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

27 minutes ago, Roberttan said:

i am not an expert , this is what called Side slip test ? is not a Complete Alignment if I am not wrong , may be any expert can share your View? thanks in Advance

a slide slip only check the toes to '0' which is what our inspection center use. it wont correct your steering.

u need a big slide slip machine to do it. 

the 1 shown the small mobile device can hardly get any accurate ajustment or reading. 

Side slip testing  measurement  calculation is base on 1km/mm ( 1km = distance travel and + -5mm is the lateral movement - left or right.  The allowance is 1km / + - 5mm .   O reading is the idea setting.

If both front wheels develop equal lateral forces the car will move in straight line. Each wheel will develop lateral forces due to wheel camber setting, wheel tread conditions, wheel bearing conditions and linkage ball joints conditions. Toe setting purpose is to counteract the camber lateral rolling actions.

Side slip testing is one of the main safety component in mandatory vehicle inspection.

Japan is the first country to design and  add side slip testing to their vehicle inspection stations. 1982 Singapore started computerised vehicle and motorcycle inspection base on system supplied by Japanese euipment manufacturers.

In US and Europe, side slip tester consists of a single top sliding plate. In US they are known as tracking tester and in Europe they are call wheel scubbing tester.  In Japan, side slip tester consists of two sliding plates link together, they will move either towards or away from each other depending on both wheel lateral forces

Compterised vehicle test lane is designed to behave like production line to cut down each vehicle total testing time.  The system is designed to reduce human errors in judgement by pre-setting the computerised testing equipment. The test result is displayed as Pass or Fail.

Hypersonic
On 2/2/2024 at 8:27 PM, Discoburg said:

Any current recommended shops for alignment?

sim huat, sin ming auto city. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1