Recommendation of wheel alignment workshop

Bfmstg

The adjustment he dun make much but he make on the camber bolt lah. Hahaha.

Marketing stratergy. [idea]

this 1 we cannot comment untill we see his report , or he know how much his camber is out.

maybe he hit a kerb and car is pulling 1 side alot,

and result show camber - 3-4 degree.

what else to do expect install camber kit???

but its true that alot of shop use it to con unknowing customer, by scareing them that a bit camber off, must do , if not dangerour babababa, crab story, and the owner is pressure into installing a camber kit.

but my understanding, install front 2 camber kit , plus ajustment with toes ajust ,

total 130 sgd, very reasonable to me, the camber kit of from spc, already cost 40 +-???

( asuming he really need to ajust his camber)

↡ Advertisement

All cars the front n some the rear can adjust with the original bolts. Some car models the rear r fixed n cannot adjust.

Camber n toe-in/toe-out can adjust. Only castor usually cannot adjust.

Now many alignment shops using this "change camber bolt" as their new con job to cheat customers.

Thanks your enlightenment

(edited)

Talking about alignment shops in JB, any to recommend?

Pls provide address also.

Thanks

Edited by Prostcode

this 1 we cannot comment untill we see his report , or he know how much his camber is out.

maybe he hit a kerb and car is pulling 1 side alot,

and result show camber - 3-4 degree.

what else to do expect install camber kit???

but its true that alot of shop use it to con unknowing customer, by scareing them that a bit camber off, must do , if not dangerour babababa, crab story, and the owner is pressure into installing a camber kit.

but my understanding, install front 2 camber kit , plus ajustment with toes ajust ,

total 130 sgd, very reasonable to me, the camber kit of from spc, already cost 40 +-???

( asuming he really need to ajust his camber)

Hv u seen this camber bolt? Its just a normal bolt with the shaft a part off center. That helps to adjust the camber by just turning the bolt. Maybe it makes the job of adjusting easier but ty charge $60 a bolt is crazy. I think their cost most $10 only.

So from there I see the profit is damm good thats why ty try to promote u to change the camber bolt.

Even if his car hit e kerb n nothing bent, ty can just adjust back without the camber bolt. In fact the bolt does not increase the amt of adjustment.

I know its a con cos I used to go to a shop in SG to do alignment all along n he never say must change my bolt. Then one day I go he say must change. So OK I think change lah. Then my next trip he again say must change the bolt. Well seems strange cos all along no problem then all of a sudden he say both bolts need to change one after another.

Then on my third visit he again say must change bolt. I was WTF????? Recently he changed both n now say again must change? I already suspect something fishy.

From then when I go do alignment, I always tell him do not change any camber bolt. Just do the alignment.

He was also trying to sell me his rims n tires which I always say no need cos I can get cheaper from other places.

Then he start to play around with my tire pressures. Pump very high n then pump all different pressures till I skidded. From there I never go back there.

BTW if u wan to know....the shop is Cr3@tive Trdg at woodlands Indl PK E1.

Now I get all my tire alignment done in JB n I also told them I do not want to change any camber bolt. The guy just smile at me. [sly]

Camber bolt is basically a eccentric bolt that is a bolt with a cam for leverage. If the bolt is make from inferior carbon steel, the wear off will be fast.

post-272-1374018086_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

Just done wheel aligment at

JC Wheel Dynamic Pte Ltd

48 Toh Guan Road East

Enterprise Hub

Look for ah seong, Sincere Boss and will make sure ya car is done up properly. I have visited kenny a few times. Both of them are as good. Cheers

I also did my alignment with Ah Seong for years, never give problem before.

Thumbs up for him. [:)]

For most Jap and Asian and even some European economical cars, most of them comes with rear dead axle ( no adjustment provided) and the front drive comes with MacPherson strut and fix camber angle ( no adjustment provided). So with such cars , the only adjustment is the front wheel toe angle.

Using a 4 wheel computerised aligner is 100% over kill.

Do you mean cars that back suspension is the torsion beam and not 'independent' suspension like Multi-link or double wishbone? I think cars with torsion beam suspension dont have to adjust back alignment..

Neutral Newbie

'Jeff23', on 05 Jun 2012 - 2:22 PM, said:snapback.png

Just done wheel aligment at

JC Wheel Dynamic Pte Ltd
48 Toh Guan Road East
Enterprise Hub

Look for ah seong, Sincere Boss and will make sure ya car is done up properly. I have visited kenny a few times. Both of them are as good. Cheers

I also did my alignment with Ah Seong for years, never give problem before.
Thumbs up for him. smile.gif

Cost?

Can i ask u guys any recommended good alignment shop preferred area northeast or west?

Then how much the price? Isit diff car brand diff pricing? Is it conti cars and japs cars has diff way of alignment?

I was quoted for a crazy price in AD

Edited by Thaiyotakamli

how much they charge?

Can i ask u guys any recommended good alignment shop preferred area northeast or west?

Then how much the price? Isit diff car brand diff pricing? Is it conti cars and japs cars has diff way of alignment?

I was quoted for a crazy price in AD

Supercharged

I just did wheel alignment at Arrow Tyres, serangoon north.

they got new Hunter machine.

cost $60 with GST included, for my jap car

not promoting them, but quite a good experience with them.

Done mine at Yew Tee industrial park, at the corner shop using hunter equipement. $50, reasonable price to me compared to those "premium expert" .

↡ Advertisement