Suzuki Ignis - Overall performance

Aj68

Neutral Newbie

[thumbsup] Hi to all,

I'm interested in buying the Suzuki Ignis 1.3 AT car as I loved the look of it on the road. But I know nothing about the performance of the car as compare for instance with the famous Hyundai Matrix. Fuel consumption of the Suzuki Ignis also must be in consideration. Please help me in all these details. Thanks & warmest regards to all.

↡ Advertisement

think new model or "face-lift" coming out.

Maybe it's better to wait.

I am looking at this model myself too. But won't be buying it for at least 2 more years...haha. [:p]

hi AJ

I had been driving one for 2 years now, FC is about 12 km/l, the interior is definitely smaller than the 1.6 l matrix. The space for the driver and the front passenger is ok, but for the back passenger is crampy, it about takes two full sized passenger. For me it just mainly me and my wife, so it is ok. The boot is very small, you could just about put two fully packed army full pack unsure.gif, but like most car now, the seat could be folded.

btw the wheel is tiny, 165/70 R14.

cheers

Neutral Newbie

How about 15" sports rim use on the Ignis, will it perform & look better? What is the top speed you have achieved so far with your Ignis...

Neutral Newbie

Hi Mr Lord,

Please explain further on Suzuki Ignis overall performance eg. fuel consumption, handling, common problem, speed etc.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Bros have a question, when starting my ignis, it needs me to hold the key back for a while for the engine to start and i just bought it for 1 mnth + does anyone have this problem is tis normal ? or izzit a problem ?

Neutral Newbie

Hi there! As long you need not crank the rngine continously.. it should be fine! nod.gif Even Mercs with their auto crack sometimes takes more than a second! unsure.gif

Suzuki owners, pls contribute! thumbsup.gif

Neutral Newbie

crank meaning starting the engine ah ? :P sorry ah very noob :) but mine is a MT not AT

roughly it takes 2-4 sec depending on its mood :(

btw if windscreen wiper is too tight i can loosen it myself or need to get it done by others ?

Neutral Newbie

how to compare a 1.3 car and a 1.6 car?

anyway, driving a 1.3 AT car simply means less power, although the ignis is very light in my opinion.

Neutral Newbie

Yes, crank(I misspelt "crack" as I was typing while havin a snack laugh.gif) means starting. Mercs has an auto crank feature. What I was trying to pt out was that it certainly takes more than an instantanous twist of the key. I might be wrong, hence the call for other bros to contribute! thumbsup.gif Also, for windscreen wipers.. you can adjust them, if you know how!

How about 15" sports rim use on the Ignis, will it perform & look better? What is the top speed you have achieved so far with your Ignis...

Mine is a Manual Ignis(Not I.S.). But me using I.S's 15" Enkei rim (See Pic Below) Top speed i tried is 140km/hr.

Ignis.jpg

140Km/H only ? Wonder what's the norm or ave top speed for typical (meaning excl RX8) 1.3L cars e.g. Getz or Opel Corsa (1.2l) ?

↡ Advertisement