Sound proofing for Trajet

Flanker

Neutral Newbie

I driving a Trajet , the cabinet is qite noisy , feel like sound proof my car , can anyone recommand what should be done to reduce the noise ?

Thks

↡ Advertisement

Cabin noisy? Mine Ok leh, most probably is your tires noise. How old is your jet? What tyres you are using, heard Bridgestone GR80 is good and quiet....

I have pump in nitrogen into my tyres and the noise reduce quite abit now...maybe you can consider that sa well... [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

How can the Trajet be noisy?sweatdrop.gif

KMM has sent car for Tuff Kote and Sound Clad. Did you go back to

Tuff Kote to do the yearly spray-on?confused.gif

Neutral Newbie

most likely his agent didnt gave him the tuff kote and sound clad as freebies loh or his batch doesnt come with it. Anyway, Trajet engine is not quiet but rather coarse and unrefine. i wont be surprise the car is noisy.

Neutral Newbie

I beg to differ. Trajet engine is not noisy. The road is more noisier than the engine.

In my 2001 Trajet after I changed from Michelin to Yokohama tyres. I felt the car is making more noise.

Edited by Mybmk

Neutral Newbie

In fact my colleague who owns a Nissan Prairie told me that my Trajet is quiet compare to his Nissan Prairie. Another colleague who drives a Honda Stream was surprise to find that Trajet Cabin is very quiet.

Neutral Newbie

I get this feeling that you don't like Hyundai.crazy.gif

Trajet engine is quieter than many other cars and the cabin

is very quiet. In fact it is the quietiest of any of the 12 cars I

had own!nod.gif

My current 2004 Civic is louder!

Neutral Newbie

i see isee thanks for telling me something new. I didnt test drive a trajet before but i had a chance to hear the engine when my friend test drove it. It sound unrefine unlike the nissan cars. Btw plz note that i didnt say the cabin is noisy rather, the engine.... [sweatdrop]

Edited by Cashiertan

Neutral Newbie

i using Yokohoma Aspec DB , are u using the same type ? on rough road surface still have noise leh , did u notice that the noisy most form door side & window leh ?

Hi,

My Jet's only 1yr4mths, still using the stock tyres. I only hear tyre noise when criusing but after using Nitrogen the noise have reduce... [thumbsup]