Bodykitted Skoda

Fabiaman

Welcome !

Now that we have 2 new forumers here with the new Fabia that comes with the bodykit, let us give them the WARMEST welcome to the SOG Family!

Danzdanz and Yann

Thought I'd create this thread so that any discussions on their new "demon" can proceed.
↡ Advertisement

Written by Fabiaman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went to Czech Auto yesterday... the Fabia which was done up with Autovox's MS Deign stuffs is sold and is still parked at the workshop under covers.... went to take a look.

- Silver body

- Full body kit with rear boot and roof spoilers all by MS Design Made in Austria (which makes me wonder why Austrian pdts are so expensive).

- Antera 17" rims!!!

- Tyre 205/40 R17

- Leather seats from TOMO - colours are orange and grey combo... quite nice. Still they couldnt do the leather for the door panel which is left in stock condition.

- Silver panels

- Gear knob changed

This is what I observed while spending 3 minutes peeping at the car lifting the canvas cover.

The SE told me this Fabia cost 10K more!

By Caractereman :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well, LTA will not frown if everything is dealer approved, so especially CA is dolling up for you, lagi less worry

but .. $10K for dolling up per what FM has described seems abit overkill.

I definitely spend lesser than that with german body kit, belgium grill, german 18" wheel and japan rubber and german OEM HID !

the only pros I can think of splurging the money upfront to the dealer for the entire full kitting is

1. u don't feel the pinch because it's evenly spreadout to your monthly installment

2. u get to enjoy the full kit right from day 1. (whereas for me, after 20 months, I finally enjoy the full kit! )

By Yann

Thanks for the reply Caractereman! This is a GOOD forum! The responses are fast and people here write in English (unlike other Skoda forums on the net).

Anyway, I didn't pay 10k for the "dressing up" kits. Can't tell you the exact price but its about half that price.

Yes I hope to meet up with you guys in the next gathering. I've just been reading through this forum for the pass hour, and considering you don't see many Skodas on the streets of Singapore, this forum gives me the impression that Skoda owners are a close knit family. So hope to see you guys then.

Hi Yann... judging by what you got for 5k, its not expensive at all! If the rims are ANTERA, it will probably cost 2k at least on the market... plus the tyres are low profile hence add another 800 to the tyre cost and your rims+tyre is already almost 3k worth . Not to forget the leather seat which cost abt 1.5k ... so all in all ... so not expensive lah...

The brand of the kit u got is MS Design which is a high quality product... definitely better than mine - which is MILOTECH.

*Front "wire mesh"-like grill

*Side Skirting

*Silver side windows and silver outer side panels

*Sports rims (i'm not sure of size but **/**/R16 is what is written on tyre. By the way what does all these numbers mean?)

*Extended rear whale spoiler.

*Front and back skirting/spoiler or whatever

*Silver gear shift knob

*Black and silver inner panelling for doors and front console

*Orange and black/grey leather seats

Neutral Newbie

$2.8 k for 16" italy wheels? I know I didn't pay double the price for my 18" [knife]

btw, I don't drive skoda, but ur VW cousin [sweatdrop]

Edited by Caractereman

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys,

Sorry no pics yet of my car. COE was too expensive. Anyway, I went back to check on it and here's a few info.

Rims - ABT Sportline

Tyres - 205/45/r16

Leather seats - 2 tone(black orange) Tomo

As for the rest, I'm not too sure.

Hope they're worth 5k or else I'm being ripped.

[thumbsup]

Later.

$10k for a cosmetic job seems like a ripoff to me. [shakehead] The $10k they r charging on the ABT Passat includes a remapped ECU.

Neutral Newbie

Here are a couple of pictures from my friends nokia phone. Sorry, quality was sxxt.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope the image comes out right.

Neutral Newbie

if you don't mind me being frank

1. ABT sportsline 16" throw with mid range tires - $2.4K (assuming no more discounts, standard deal, etc)

2. Leather upholstery for 1.4l car - $1.2K

total $3.6K ... they better tell you what's given to you for the remaining $1.4K man [:|]

Neutral Newbie

They will tell you " Thank you very much, sir!"

16" wheels for $2.4 is bloody hell exp$$$. Unless each rim weight 2kg.

Edited by Mondeo

Neutral Newbie

<16" wheels for $2.4 is bloody hell exp$$$. Unless each rim weight 2kg.>

Don't know if they weigh 2 kg or not. Haven't weigh yet.

As for the rest of the $1.4k, i guess its the rest of the body kit as listed in my earlier post above.

They told me the whole kit cost about $7.5k, and gave me discount to $5k. Don't know they conning me or not.

By the way, its Dunlop tyres.

Neutral Newbie

Well $1.4 K for the rest of the kit seems ok lah. 5K for the extra ok lah. Hahah maybe I am consoling myself [:p] Caractereman will know what I meant.

UG

Neutral Newbie

Asked them before but not in detail. Keep saying everything is worth much more. Can't really trust them. Till now,I still don;t have the car. (they told me I'll get it very very soon as they don't want to keep it there)

Guess I'm resigned to the same fate as UG. <

Well $1.4 K for the rest of the kit seems ok lah. 5K for the extra ok lah. Hahah maybe I am consoling myself>

[:/]

Neutral Newbie

When U replace it, they will say thank you to keep your new stock kit e.g. bumper front & rear plus the stock tyres!

Call them claimed you alredi have a Fib on the road and want to install kit.

↡ Advertisement