Bodykitted Skoda

Fabiaman

Neutral Newbie
<16" wheels for $2.4 is bloody hell exp$$$. Unless each rim weight 2kg.>

Don't know if they weigh 2 kg or not. Haven't weigh yet.

As for the rest of the $1.4k, i guess its the rest of the body kit as listed in my earlier post above.

They told me the whole kit cost about $7.5k, and gave me discount to $5k. Don't know they conning me or not.

By the way, its Dunlop tyres.

honestly speaking, $2.4k is indeed expensive for 16" wheels + tyres, no matter how branded it is, unless you are talking about 2 pc rims (but 2pc wheel for 16" is almost non existence). To give you some pt of reference, a 17" branded wheel package possibly just cost slightly more .. the reason why I quoted $2.4k is because that's the price mostly quoted to the general public [shakehead]

$1.4k for kit is reasonable cheap though, and I don't wish to stir too much here, but your $5k is possibly just average price even though it was supposed to be a huge discount of $2.5K [lipsrsealed]

anyway, like what ug said, just enjoy yourcar, what's paid is paid, it's more important u love the look of ur car and enjoy your ride. [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

Just wanna tell u that your Fabia with body kit looks damn chio, man! [thumbsup]

Went for a MCF meet up at ECP earlier this month and saw his Fabia. A rare sight in SG to see one, let alone a body kitted version. So if I am on the road and I see one just like the pics u posted, grainy quality I must say, I guess must be u! [nod]

Dunno much about prices of sports rims, leather that u paid so cannot tell if u kana ripped off or not. Main thing I guess is enjoy your ride! [:)]

Neutral Newbie

I agree with what you said Caractereman . Since I already paid for it, I might as well enjoy the car. Anyway I'm happy with the way it looks now.

And as for Rainbowsix , thanks for the compliment but I dont think my car deserve it. It's because its still at the workshop at Leng Kee cause they haven't handed me an available COE yet. I guess the Fabia you saw belonged to another guy. Maybe this guy can give me some tips to make my Fabia look like his!

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys. Just got my Fabia this afternoon. Unfortunately there are already a few problems.

1. The ride's pretty bumpy. Guess it's because of the rims and shorter springs

2. Rear speakers doesn't work. Probably wiring problem.

3. The worst of all, I was stuck coming out of Suntec City carpark (sloping exit) just now for about 15 minutes. Immediately after that, there was strong smell of burning rubber inside the car. Stoooed the car some time later and it was confirmed it came from somewhere near the engine. Anybody know what's wrong?

Anyway the whole ordeal was a big disappointment due to the anticipation of getting the car. Sending it back for check up tomorrow. Me having second thoughts whether getting this car was a good idea. [:|]

Any thoughts and comments?

Neutral Newbie

Hi Yann. I had the same problem with the previous car (Opel Astra) on the burning ruber smell emitting from the engine compartment while on a slope. You must have been trying to hold the car on the slope by playing with the clutch and the accelerator (For 15 mins??!! You must have strong thighs??!! Ha Ha , just joking). The smell comes from one of the belts, I think.

In future, just use the handbrake and footbrake when waiting to move while on a slope. I don't think there should be any smell then.

Cheers.

Neutral Newbie

Hi SonnyTay,

I did play with the clutch. Brought back the car to dealer and they told me that the smell was coming from the clutch pad grinding/burning. Anyway, the reason they told me this is that unlike Jap cars, Continental cars don't use cable for clutch, so biting point higher, hence the burning smell cause by the cultch pad grinding and not locking.

Anyway, the smell has slowly dissipated now, but everytime i change gear, I can hear a click/clang sound coming from the engine. I guess its from the clucth. Anybody know if this is normal?

By the way, I think this William from CA service is a real prick. Instead of giving me an expalantion about my problem, he keeps trying to cover his own backside. Talk about service man.

Regards,

Yann

Yann... feel bad for you that the perfectly new car is giving you the problem already.

If u hear click clang sound when shifting gear, suggest u throw it back to the agent and ask for a replacement car while they sort the whole thing and deliver a "unblemished" car. My experience with Czech Auto is that they are not exactly fast so it'd be good if you can pressure them to do the best job in the least amt of time.

As for the staffs of CA? No comment becoz I have nothing too good to say abt any of them in there.

Neutral Newbie

but everytime i change gear, I can hear a click/clang sound coming from the engine. I guess its from the clucth. Anybody know if this is normal? opps [sweatdrop] looks like i'm having the same problem like your car.....btw can you please enlight me did this happen b4 or after the clutch riding......cos... he he i kinda clutch riding when up slope......and after there is this clicking or clang noise when i change gear [bigcry] as for that burn smell......he he he "you r not alone......" [:p] cheers

karen

but everytime i change gear, I can hear a click/clang sound coming from the engine. I guess its from the clucth. Anybody know if this is normal?

Don't think its normal. Need to check.

Neutral Newbie

I sent the car back. Final conclusion from agent is that the clutch pad had overheated, hardened (due to clutch playing---so they say) and now the clang comes from the hardened pad when clutch engage.

They told me this problem is not under warranty so have to pay 850 to change clutch. So I'm stuck with this problem now cause I dont think I want to spend the money on changing clucth. They told me its just the sound that I have to bear with it. Sigh.

Any suggestions? should I change? Talk to the boss, he wont accept the repair cost.

Clutch pad overheated, look bad. [sweatdrop] Only way to really confirmed is to see the burnt mark on the clutch. Of course, if the agent say so, we give them the benefit of our doubt. If I'm not wrong, most car won't give warranty for clutch because it is a wear and tear item like brake pads, tyres and so on.

But, if it is brand new, then don't see why they cannot honour warranty for these items, unless they can prove misuse. Maybe you can write to skoda in czech and push your case for warranty. http://www.skoda-auto.com

Looking at your car set up, with 205 width tyre, frankly, I won't go higher than 185 width for this car. The power is only adequate considering the weight of the car, so damm heavy, and if we increase the width size of the tyre the engine and clutch will be extra hardworking. Clutch transmit engine power to the wheel and if additional load added to it, have to ensure the clutch design can handle the extra load.

From my experience, the clutch, is only a normal clutch design, with the current setup, clutch have to work very hard already, especially going up the slope. Try going up from standstill on a steep slope u will know what I mean.

For me, I will try to replace it for free if possible. The choice is yours, to live with it or replace it.

Neutral Newbie

Clutch wear? That's totally absurd! They're just trying to blame something so as not to help you.

Actions you can and should take:

1). Talk to your sales executive

2). Talk to CA workshop/service manager

3). Talk to Kevin Kwee

4). Talk to SK Ho

5). Talk to Peter Kwee

6). Write to Straits Times

With the way CA is acting, I feel they are no better than JTA. Just a wild thought: Could your car be from the left over stocks from JTA?

Neutral Newbie

Clutch wear? That's totally absurd! They're just trying to blame something so as not to help you.

Actions you can and should take:

1). Talk to your sales executive

2). Talk to CA workshop/service manager

3). Talk to Kevin Kwee

4). Talk to SK Ho

5). Talk to Peter Kwee

6). Write to Straits Times

With the way CA is acting, I feel they are no better than JTA. Just a wild thought: Could your car be from the left over stocks from JTA?

============================================================

HUH??? DID NOT & NEVER know that can claim clutch even it's is damage by riding??? [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup] please enlight me what to say to the people involve.... and what to say to the press...... cos I burn my mum's car, my own car and my boy friend car.... (a hyundai,a skoda and a suzuki) cos of bad handing of "bite-ing point" and over heating of the clutch that cos a burning smell.... thats what all the 3 service workshop people told me........

please..... please.... tell me how to go abt it cos i also want to claim clutch for the 3 car i mentioned [:p][:p][:p]

wow lao...... [crazy][crazy][crazy] must go back to the 3 workshop and kick sxxt out of them, when can claim clutch but tell me cannot........

ps.....have you claim your clutch b4???

karen [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

halo.... me driving a octy also..... not bad la...:)

lowered with 17" also , roof spoiler and sprayed also

.... whos your sales person?

i know your fabia..... i wanted to get like yours actually....

then in the end choose the octy for the trunk space for sound system.

wanna meet up someday?

tonight i meet up with some friends at turf club wanna come? 10pm

anything just call me lar 90283124

Neutral Newbie

Karen, you sure sound cute.

What I was trying to say was that if a car this new has a faulty clutch, it should be covered under warranty. You have to be very ingenious to wear out your clutch like that in such a short amount of time. Even if you use your car to teach a newbie how to drive, it still will NOT wear out like that in such a short time.

Neutral Newbie

Karen, you sure sound cute.

What I was trying to say was that if a car this new has a faulty clutch, it should be covered under warranty. You have to be very ingenious to wear out your clutch like that in such a short amount of time. Even if you use your car to teach a newbie how to drive, it still will NOT wear out like that in such a short time.

=========================================================

[sweatdrop] oops..... sorry but i think yann and me did mentioned "burn clutch" unless burn clutch is aka clutch wear out then.... that's a diff story...... yes i agree that clutch will not wear out that fast but to burn clutch is a another issue, cos i that what happen to my clutch when trying to go up a M.S.C.P and "cooked my brake pads" when coming down form that same M.S.C.P ...... sorry that i sound so silly..... [:p] when i sound so keen on able to get a clutch replacement.... [bounce2] but as i'm only a QDL holder and the only thing i know abt a car is only start, engage a gear and go...... infact there is once i pump diesels into my mom's car.... and ended up the car is being tow back to komoco....sometime i even forget that my handbrake is up.....so on and...... (oops better stop here or i will sent you on the floor rolling... with the silly thing i did to all the car i drive ) thank you for pointing the point that i'm still cute,......sob....sob & sign cos both my ma ma and boy friend.....think otherwise.........but still this is a lesson learn (for me through the hard way- not to ride clutch...)

cheers

karen [inlove]

Haha...you sound very funny [laugh] [it's a compliment]

Just curious...how often do you have to replace the clutch...I mean how long does your clutch last? Just fyi...a clutch should last between 50k to 100kkm, depending on driving habits. That should last 2-5 years for an average driver here.

BTW, I've come across cases of people claiming clutch against agent for pre-mature wear.

Edited by Vtecc
↡ Advertisement