Bodykitted Skoda

Fabiaman

Neutral Newbie

Haha...you sound very funny [it's a compliment] 1st of all thank you for that....compliment...

for my mom's car......er..... DON"T LAUGH OK!!! the clutch and brake was burn by me upon the 1st day i went to pick up the car from komoco...... [sweatdrop] till date my mom's still will think again when i ask for the key for her car.......that's why my dad will not even let me touch his 911 keys...... he he he.......

for my oct clutch was replace also not long by JTA due to the same reason..... and i paid for it [:p]

and as for my bf suzuki ......er......no la i don't think i want to talk abt it, cos even after i paid for the repair my bf is still angry for what i did to his car

BTW, I've come across cases of people claiming clutch against agent for pre-mature wear.

may i ask does burn clutch by riding on it, count as pre-mature wear? if yes then i will have to made some calls to the workshop and ask for a refund......

but if burn clutch by riding is under accelerated pre-mature wear by my own poor driving habits, then i don't think i want to go to the workshop and make a fool of myself

karen

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Wah lao...you mean you picked the car from Komoco -> drive home and the clutch was gone? Wow...how did you do that? And same goes to your car and your bf's?

[sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop] er,........ i afraid so..... [bigcry][bigcry][bigcry]

riding clutch....half clutch......brake holding.......handbrake on when driving

you name it.......

karen [:p]

Edited by Karen

Actions you can and should take:

1). Talk to your sales executive

2). Talk to CA workshop/service manager

3). Talk to Kevin Kwee

4). Talk to SK Ho

5). Talk to Peter Kwee

6). Write to Straits Times

================

Actions 1 to 5 seem useless. Like they say in the army talk xx no use.

But can always try.

option 6 is a waste of time, [shakehead] on the final count, what do you gain. nothing

bad publicity for the agent and also your car as well.

Maybe get a car lawyer, see whether got case or not. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

hi sky, note that you made a very good point there.... [thumbsup]Actions 1 to 5 seem useless. Like they say in the army talk xx no use.

But can always try.

option 6 is a waste of time, on the final count, what do you gain. nothing

bad publicity for the agent and also your car as well.

Maybe get a car lawyer, see whether got case or not. [idea]

my question is : (seem no one is giving me a clear answer till now....) is accelerated pre-mature clutch and brake pads with burn smell, wear and tear by poor driving habits, under warranty? if yes.....wow then lunch is on me for the next week to the person who show me how, i will even throw in a pick and sent service to you regardless of where you stay or work... (on the condition that i can get a re-fund from any of the 3 agent workshop i mentioned) cos if i can get a re-fund that is abt a good sum of 1.5k from the 3 workshop......(if i spent $500 for the next week lunch 1.5k - 500=1k [laugh] i can still save 1k here he he he = $$$ for shopping for coming x-mas and CNY)

but if not..... [:p]

but then again....< Maybe get a car lawyer, see whether got case or not.>

$850/- vs engaging a lawyer? is it time & cost eff??

anyone ? please enlight

karen

Neutral Newbie

First of all, I don't think this: "accelerated pre-mature clutch and brake pads with burn smell, wear and tear by poor driving habits" is possible. If it really is, then the answer is no. I doubt you will be able to claim it under warranty. Unless... you can somehow show them that it is a manufacturer's defect.

Who says talking to those involved is no use? With the publicity the Kwees are getting, anything bad said about them or their operations will certainly hurt. So what if they get bad publicity. Maybe it will make them buck up and pull their socks up.

Neutral Newbie

[cool] First of all, I don't think this: "accelerated pre-mature clutch and brake pads with burn smell, wear and tear by poor driving habits" is possible. If it really is, then the answer is no. I doubt you will be able to claim it under warranty. Unless... you can somehow show them that it is a manufacturer's defect.

Who says talking to those involved is no use? With the publicity the Kwees are getting, anything bad said about them or their operations will certainly hurt. So what if they get bad publicity. Maybe it will make them buck up and pull their socks up.

[thumbsup]

but talking to those involved....for the both above-mention case (when the fault is on.....oops [lipsrsealed]) unless i'm missing something on the 1st page on this discussions....

will they still pull their sock up or down further???

karen

ps: i not siding anyone here, but if the "right" is not on our side.....how can we put and push the "left" to other's...? but on the other hand if the "right" is on my side....then i will made sure, very very sure..... that they will get the HELL out from me....

what goes around....comes around.... how can we force people to eat the dead cat when the "right" is not on our side?

sometime ago someone screw a LS 300 owner at a gas station for "bullying" a pump attendance? and he became a hero for that..... if my ECU is still in a good condition (where is that spirits???)

and another person here once said something like" do wat right....and not wat u think is right? (where that person??)

well this is just my 0.2 cent..... i may not be right but i hope people who is car mech give his or her view on this issue???

cheers

karen

Neutral Newbie

If I were you I'd raise hell ....

Go to CASE ... this is blatant day light robbery.

Bloody brand new car where got clutch burnt out one ..... even Montoya sure got problems to do that.

Normal clutch will live for 5 or more years if you are a careful driver, 3 at worse.

I think the warranty issue for Yann shd be the gear change with clonk sound rather than the clutch. If clutch suffer burn smell and accelerated wear, question shd be can they prove that the sound is due to the clutch. If yes, bo pian. If no then clutch problem is not due to accelerated wear on clutch plate.

Though they are related in operation, but not necessary causal of each other problems. If the w/shop sup is not in agreement then the manager should be approach, if to no avail then, write it in you black book. What can u really do? [thumbsdown]

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys,

Here's an update after on the situation of my problem car.

Went to CA Wed afternoon. They finally agreed the sound is mechanical and most prob coming from the clutch. (especially when you engage 4th and 5th gear).

Reason given: Clutch riding resulting to overheated clutch pad, burning smell, hardening of pad (note: note totally wear off), thus resulting to clicking/clangind sound.

Outcome : CA would not take responsibility cause

a) They told me it my bad driving technic. (though I had licence for 12 years)

b) comsumables not under warranty ( I think this is true for most cars)

Next course of action

Don't think I'll pursue step 1 - 6 like someone earlier suggested (I think no point)

I am checking with the technical people at Skoda to see whether can get answer.

In the meantime, I don't think there is anything we can do Karen. [knife]

So as for myself, I'll ram the clucth till it really wears off, and then change them.

[furious][mad][furious][mad][furious][mad]

But What I'm really pissed about is that even if they open up the car to check what's the problem, AND they determine for sure that its coming from the clutch, THEN I HAVE TO PAY FOR THE LABOUR COST ($350) JUST FPR THEM TO CHECK THE BLOODY THING! THE CAR IS BARELY 2 WKS OLD AND THEY WANT TO CHARGE ME FOR THAT!

Guess there's nothing I can do but wait and see.

And Karen, if you need help to determine what's causing the burning smell from your car, I'll come and smell your car anytime [;)]

Neutral Newbie

May I suggest that you take your car to Servotronics for a 2nd opinion? Perhaps you'll e able to come to the bottom of this situation. Talk to Dennis and tell him the whole story. It is easy for us to pass comments without looking at your car. It may not be fair to either parties so... perhaps it's good to get some other "experts" to look at it?

Servotronics can be contacted at 65534200.

Neutral Newbie

thanks yann, I will sure call you if there is something wrong with my car.......well as for the burn smell and knocking sound when changing gear or whatsoever....well i have confirm with one of the veh inspection center, and i was inform that the sound and smell is due to me riding on the clutch and it was over heat when driving...... well.....he he he..... fyi.....the burn smell thing is not so often nowadays but the sound is still there and at times i still half clutch while driving......well..... old habit die hard, but .......thanks to my dad who force me to go for the driving refresh course..... er...... but come to think of it being force, to go for the refresher course is a real pain....... (I think this will not apply to u here) even though i got my QDL for 11 years......but nevertheless......i hope you will get a fair answer from manufacturer on your burn clutch issue

please take care and may peace be with u

cheers

karen [sunny]

Edited by Karen

Neutral Newbie

Hehe...suggest you buy an auto for your next car.

NO WAY.......... as i still enjoy............making others to smell my tail pipe........... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

karen

Neutral Newbie

Hi Octyman,

Thanks for the suggestion, much appreciated. But can I check with you is Servotronics a repair shop? Can they check on a Fabia?

Thanks

↡ Advertisement