Tucson

Stanoink

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Saw the tucson at jurong point today and i find it a nice car.

Anyone knows if Tucson singapore version comes with ABS? I assume it is

a standard item with Jap cars, but not sure for Korean makes.

I know that it came with 1 air bag and not like tat shown in the

brochure (dual and side air bags).

Wonder how is the internal space compare with sonata?

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hello ! You may wan to do a search on "Tucson" here. We have discussed about Tucson in details from previous thread. Yes, it comes with ABS and almost complete accessories ( Leather seat, Fog lamp, reverse sensor, 1 airbag etc... THe leg room is more spacious that it brother Santa-Fe. But it lose out on the boot space though. In general, the low price and the overall features certainly result to a good buy.....Happy searching and cheers !

Neutral Newbie

SUV is a overkill in SG road however, for those who are keen in tucson may consider the KIA sportage which is better looking than tucson by miles, furthermore the interior is better as claimed by others who seen it. hyundai car always score lower in the looks department

Edited by Cashiertan

Neutral Newbie

Ya, this I agree cos I find Hyundai cars on the interior are very traditional type and really square at corners and buttons compared to Kia cars by just comparing the Accent to Rio and Elantra to Cerato.

SUV is a overkill in SG road however, for those who are keen in tucson may consider the KIA sportage which is better looking than tucson by miles, furthermore the interior is better as claimed by others who seen it. hyundai car always score lower in the looks department

SUVs like the Mitsubishi Pajero and Toyota Landcruiser Prado may be considered as overkill for our roads, but small softroaders like the Toyota RAV4 and Honda CRV should be okay. Some people like them for their safety, since they are built tougher than your average sedan, while the elevated seating positions help a little. And they don't guzzle and pollute any more than mid-sized family saloons like the Toyota Camry or the Honda Accord.

As for the bland looks of Hyundai vehicles, I don't think Hyundai executives will make drastic changes to Bangle up the appearance of their cars, since they are selling very well globally, while ranking pretty high on JD Power's surveys. Also, if you were to read comments from some international car forums, you'll find that the Tucson actually received praise for its original styling, while they were having a field day bashing the Sportage for mimicking the styling of the Ford Escape and Volvo XC90. To each his own, I guess.

TO me real overkill is make like TOYOTA FORTUNNER, Pajero.

They consumed a large chunk of limited oil resources big bulky and block roads. It is really an overkill.

Yo, people buy these big oversize moving road blocks for two reasons !

First for seemingly more road appearance, recognition that they are big and are there and they can afford what is termed as a life style vehicle.

Secondly, as most would opening declared, these beast give you a higher rate of survival in any given crash. Because of their construction, they are more "SAFE" which is generally true. Does not mean that if you drive slowly, keep left and stay clear of traffic in front of you, you are SAFE. It is usually the unexpected head-on that would kill most ! Imagine, a head on between a Picanto and a Fortunner ! Who would walk out alive ?

IMHO, these beast are indeed overkills for our roads but cannot deny that they offer better protection for the family. I like them but would not buy one because of the FC, road tax, high CG ( roll over during fast corners ), bulkiness and high price though.

These vehicles are good for site use. Finally they came up with something more affordable like the fortuner. Previously, the prado and pajero were pretty ex. The tucson always get stuck because it's only 2WD.

Neutral Newbie

agreed, i like thefrontrunner.......

in fact the Suzuki looks super.....i like the looks.....the white looks solid.......

btw, they do have the 4 wheel drive version of the tucson...too....

bottomline is the price for the buck.....

I heard there is a car clinic going on @Jurong area for Tucson on coming sunday 9.30am

@FairWay Club

Conducted by our in house guru Mr G aka Twincam...

and get your Tuc in shape for the long CNY weekend.

Date: Sunday Feb 4th 2007

Time: 10 am

Place: Fairway Club,

11 Japanese Garden Sg 619229

Map : http://www.palmresort.com/newsletter/ver4/...ocation_map.jpg

Neutral Newbie

Hyundai Tucson 2WD is a nice ride if you are planning to drive on-road all the time.

But if you like to go offroad and yet has some cash to spare, I would recommend a 4WD type.

It does make a big difference between the 2 types.

Moreover, this is the cheapest 4WD you can find in the market.

Quite worth.

How come it's all quiet in the western front?

Is Tuscon owners on the downtrend?

I think believe that it is a bargain SUV for its class and relatively easy on consumption 1L for 8-9km

Hope more Tucson owners will roll in soon. Pretty quiet, Maybe more on I.C.E. performance, type of tires, and etc. etc.