Fumoto Oil Drain Valve

Genie47

HI reviving this very old thread.  Thinking of installing this Fumoto valve.  Is there any local distributor or must buy direct online.  Does any user experience issues with the product?

Supercharged

a word of caution before the installation

if your car is low and the engine oil drain bolt is pointing downward instead of sideway, Fumoto valve will stick out like a sore thumb, running the risk out hitting something and snap.... draining all the engine oil while you are driving...

74142d1366593492-fumoto-valve-fomoto-val

Edited by Phang
  • Praise 2

Yup, only works for those rides with plastic undercarriage cover.

if your car is low and the engine oil drain bolt is pointing downward instead of sideway, Fumoto valve will stick out like a sore thumb, running the risk out hitting something and snap.... draining all the engine oil while you are driving

http://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gallery/sizeimage.php?photoid=122914&.jpg

HI reviving this very old thread.  Thinking of installing this Fumoto valve.  Is there any local distributor or must buy direct online.  Does any user experience issues with the product?

It's good if you're doing your own oil change. It's just like turning on the tap.

Otherwise, why buy it for the workshop mechanic ?

The drain is a little slower since the hole for the drainage is now smaller.

If you buy the one with the nipple, you can plug in a hose and point it to a container.

Very clean, but the oil drain may not be complete, but you can get most of the oil out.

• Praise 1

More for protecting the plug/oil pan as most mechs tend to over-tighten it or strip the threads.

But, there's risk of being hit or pulled by straying strings/debris.

Get the full brass one vs those brass and steel combo as heat expansion different....

Edited by Kangadrool

If buy already go where and install?  Tell the WS, "aa siao eh, please install the Fumoto valve for me bcos next tum me no coming back for oil changes anymore, me DIY(not that type) " [:p]

Used to install it. But abit paranoid as tend to keep looking/checking for any leak on the floor. As what some brother mention, flow is smaller after installation compare to just the plug.

I think using 12V suction pump motor through the dipstick is much more easier and less hassle.

• Praise 2

if your car is low and the engine oil drain bolt is pointing downward instead of sideway, Fumoto valve will stick out like a sore thumb, running the risk out hitting something and snap.... draining all the engine oil while you are driving...

74142d1366593492-fumoto-valve-fomoto-val

This looks the "s" version with shorter nipple.  Can check what is the dimension of this thing, as in the vertical length from the tip of the brass nipple to the of the base/gasket where it touches the oil pan.

Edited by Ahbengdriver

Supercharged

Google is your friend :-)

F108S%20inches.png

I reckon 29~30mm from the bottom of the oil pan to the tip of the nozzle after adding a sealing washer

found the dimensions in metric

F108S%20mm.png

i have personally installed it on 7 different cars and total time added up on 7 cars is more than 40years. Not one single problem.

i have personally installed it on 7 different cars and total time added up on 7 cars is more than 40years. Not one single problem.

How do you find out the thread size for your car ? Available locally or need to buy online (Amazon? Aliexpress?)  

How do you find out the thread size for your car ? Available locally or need to buy online (Amazon? Aliexpress?)  

There is a size chart.

http://www.fumotousa.com/size-chart.php

Or ask your mechanic to measure the drain bolt size or buy a bolt from your parts supplier and measure.

Just wondering - how do you all dispose of the oil? 

Give it to a workshop. They will gladly take it off your hand.

Used oil can get them some free money, when the recycler comes around.

↡ Advertisement