BEWARE!! Huper Optik actual warranty is only 30 DAYS!!

Sil96verman

Everyone please take note if you are considering to fix HO. DON'T!!

I had a bad experience w HO. Upon receiving my car (pre-fixed w HO thru BMotors) I noticed a couple of air bubbles & peeling at the edges. Just fix & peeling, imagine after 2 yrs the film would look like sxxt!

Anyway inform Infra via BM when doing 1k servicing. They did not replace but cut off the peeling edge! The best part the tried to CON me saying that they replaced the film. They must think customers like me are BLIND & RETARDED [furious] !

Told off the supervisor & they immediately replaced it. [thumbsdown]

Problem now is after 1.5 mths, I noticed another peeling at the edge. And I found out when browsing their warranty that altho' stated 10 yrs, but in the sticker fine print, it over rule the 10 yrs warranty by stating that they reserve the right to refuse replacement file after 30 days! Or they can charge a norminal fee for replacement.

sxxt [furious] ! spending $900 for shitty workmanship & now getting screw by them with fake warranty!

Arrghhh, should have stick w V-Kool or Cool Lite. Or even X brand as long as workmanship is good. So please do tempt fate just avoid Huper Optik unless u enjoy being SCREWED!!

[bigcry] [bigcry]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Sad to hear tat. Actually the bubbles will happen in both V Kool or Cool lite or in other solar reflector... i believe it all depend on the skills of the person doing it...

[:/]

Neutral Newbie

Sad to hear about your plight. As mentioned by car_lower above, it really depends on the workmanship. I have Huper Optik on my car for 16 months already and it still looks good. While my friend's v-cool has got bubbles and some discolouration at the edges.

Air pocket will happen even with VKool...mine had it. But like the guy said...they will be gone in about 3 weeks.

Actually...Hyper Optik and VKool same company....maybe you should call the head office instead of BM to settle the claim for you. Although my Vkool was a freebie from Kah Motor, for some of the defects, I called VKool directly and they settle the matter for me without question asked. Very happy with the aftersale service.

When I was there to replace one of the window film, a old Bimmer came in (just after the 5 yrs warranty period) cos his windscreen had some bubbles. The sales people came down to take a look and even the sales manager came down and they replaced the flim for the lady FOC (mine you...no foxy lady ok...it was a lady in her fifty).

Neutral Newbie

sh*t and i am waiting for my car to arrive in October when my SE will be sending the car to HO for the film.

Have you checked with the management regarding the warranty issue??

i have HO and have no problems with it...

it's all workmanship... the film by itself is ok, the only slight problem i have was that the guys didn't wipe the windscreen properly, resulting in some fingerprint marks left under the film... irritating at times but otherwise ok...

HO or VKool are essentially the same company as far as I know. I think, at the end of the day, it boils down to who did the installation.....

Last time there was only 1 distributor/shop doing HO+Vkool at bukit timah. Now there are just so many of them.....all resellers or authorised whatever .....

I've installed HO and VKool on 2 cars before, all at Bukit Timah....and the workmanship there was really perfect I would say. Very hard to spot imperfections. I've also tried before a cheapo installation in msia....maybe that installer wasn't too good. Just by looking at the way he installed, I knew it wasn't going to be good. And in the end, I could see small small bubbles or imperfections or not perfectly straight cuttings....blah.

[sunny]

OK guys here's what happened today when i went down to HO. The lady attended to me was quite agreeable. She did ask me to produce my warranty card.

The 'tow chew' there tried to salvage the peeling film by using the scraper & even hot air dryer to get the film to stick again.

Alas, nothing works, I just kept quiet [lipsrsealed] . Finally the 'tow chew' told the lady have to replace it. Phew! HENG AH [sweatdrop]

10 mins later the new film was done, I inspected it & was pleased with it & i made my get away. Not before the lady kept a portion of the warranty for her reference (maybe I will be blacklisted in future [blush] )

Attached is the fine print that HO included to over ride the 10yrs warranty

http://sg.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/k96silver...0&.dnm=2d3c.jpg

For me i'm glad this episode is over.

bro, yours seems like Infra brought it from HO on some special deal, then resell it to you. Maybe the agreement between Infra and HO seems to be different from what standard buyer of HO is getting.

nevertheless glad to hear its resolved [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

mine also on HO for abt 6mths ....paid 400 buckis ........ its trouble free n reflecting well ,,,,,, i think his must be a one off case............. so dnt go ard sounding false alarm ,, [gossip] ,,,, there are satisfied customers out there like us [thumbsup]

Hello Chermin did u see the warranty pic?? It's not a false alarm [mad] If you can read & understand what the warranty state, it is quite clear they have the right to reject any replacement after 30 days! Please READ!