Any new Coupe from Japanese manufacturer coming soon?

Fsrkia

Neutral Newbie

hi guys just wondering any new Coupe from Japanese manufacturer such as honda toyota nissan coming soon???????

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

There is a face-lifted Honda Integra due some time in September. [nod]

I believe Kah Motor has already started accepting advance bookings for it. If I'm not wrong, they will be bringing in the iS model. Both the manual and auto versions are priced at S$93K and S$94K respectively, including COE. [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Hi Zacer,

The Honda Integra comes in both iS and Type R guise. The pictures I have posted are taken from the Honda website in US, where the Honda Integra is known as the Acura RSX, which is probably the same as the iS model that we get officially from the Honda dealer here in Singapore. [:)]

If it's the Type R, then it'll have to be via the parallel importer (PI) route here in Singapore. [:(][thumbsdown]

The most obvious difference between the iS and Type R is the big spoiler that you get at the rear of the Type R, as well as an i-VTEC engine that pushes out higher torque and horsepower. [sly][;)]

Neutral Newbie

why kah motors never bring in the type r version???

coz buying from authorised dealer then there will be available spare parts for the cars when needed and servicing??? and of coz longer warranty issue and better reliability?

Neutral Newbie

That is a question you'll need to ask Kah Motors, although the SEs will probably not be able to tell you much though. Guess it's probably the management's decision/marketing strategy not to bring in the Type R, since it is likely to cater only to a very niche market and not many of such cars will be sold here in Singapore. [:/] They could be wrong here, considering the number of Honda Integras that you see currently on local roads.

Agree with you that buying from an authorized dealer will probably mean easier availability of spare parts, in terms of servicing as well as in the event of anything happening (touch wood) to your car. But bear in mind it is not necessarily cheaper in terms of pricing. [thumbsdown]

With regards to warranty, my personal opinion on the longer warranty offered by an authorised dealer vs a parallel importer (PI) is more the peace of mind in the event that one needs to make any claim on defective parts in the car. However, this also means that you'll need to bring your car in to them for the scheduled servicing/maintenance or else they will find reasons/excuses to void your warranty when you try to make a claim. [:/]

Neutral Newbie

err so what are the advantages of buying from PI huh?

sorry for so many questions coz i am a newbie... [:)]

so if i were to buy from a trusted PI will all the abovementioned problems be solved???

Neutral Newbie

btw... any cars something like s15 coming soon? or turbo cars ? like the bov sound than vtec imo... [:)]

Neutral Newbie

From my perspective, the reason for buying from a PI is most likely because you want certain models that are not brought in by the local authorised dealers. [:)]

Apart from that, I'm not sure why one would buy from a PI. The savings you used to get previously by buying from a PI for a similar model carried by the authorised dealer no longer exists these days. [:/]

Most of the PIs these days offer quite good after sales support, such as 3 years warranty and 5 years free servicing etc. If you are really interested in buying from a PI, stick with the more established and reputable ones such as Richburg Motors, Leco Motors etc.

Hope that helps. [:)]

Neutral Newbie

Not too sure about other new coupes from Japanese manufacturers. Think Nissan will probably unveil the new Skyline GT-R in 2006/2007. [:)]

↡ Advertisement