JDM Accord with iPod setup..Anyone ?

Arrow

Hi Friends

Just would like to check if any existing accord jdm(euro) owners had fixed a iPOd using their existing factory HU ? I am thinking of using iPod instead of fixing a seperate HU with CD Changer. Hopefully the existing HU does comes with a AUX in. Currently my CD changer is a RF type and the sound is below par. If I can iPod with the existing HU, I will look to change the front component speakers, add a amp and a bass tube for some audio upgrade.

Any comments will be helpful.

Thanks

arrow

↡ Advertisement

Hi Friends

A continuation to my ICE quest.

Specifically I would like to change the front components to 6.5", add an iPOd, add bass via a 10" or 12" enclosure, add in a mono and a two channel amp. In my initial consultation with an installer, for my ipod needs (as my factory HU do not have AUX IN) he recommended that I get the pioneer processor DEQ-P7650 with AXM-P7650 so I can connect my current CD changer (RF connection currently) and iPod plus I can do time alignment. This proposed solution kind of got me excited but I am not famailiar with car av processor and since I am not watching any DVD, the DTS and Dolby Digital mode will not be utilised. Any comments on this processor will be helpful.

Next on the speakers and amps, can I have some recommendations on component speakers, subs and amps. I've only discussed abt kicker subs driven by a single rockford mono (i think its power model quoted at 1.5k) with the installer. I would like to get used amps to save some money. As for budget I would limit to all in at 5k. And in terms of music preferences, I listen to contemporary pop, fusion/vocal jazz and dance music.

So if i go for the processor route, that cost is more or less fixed at around 1.5k which leaves me with 3.5k for speakers, amps, wires and misc costs.

Any comments is greatly appreciated. If the above is not clear or there are some questions I need to ask myself pls let me know.

Many Thanks