Optra Owners, did you notice this click ? How about Aveo ?

Sotong_kia

Notice when I start my car, and moving off, can hear an audible click sound somewhere inside the car.

I do not know what is the combination that will cause it, but I get it every morning when I go to work, and lunch time when I leave the office, and after work.

On the road , no such sound..

Suspect it is those feature of "auto-door-lock" after moving off the car at certain speed, but we dun have such feature.. so dunno what that click is about.. Definitely a relay being turned on somewhere..

I tried simulating at red-light. Stop car, put to park, open door, close door, put to D and move off.. no sound..

What is that huh ? Aveos got or not ? Those manual cars got or not ?

Have to off the radio to hear it.. Aircon off or put at 1...

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

i think my aveo dun hv leh...or maybe i on my radio too loud? but i think if its juz a click after drive off & 2 optras oso face the same thing, then it maybe some sound of electronic devices in Optras. [nod] relac....

I think it should be some device lah.. Just want to know what it is .. part of knowing and understanding my baby inlove.gif..

Maybe auto-door lock.. then I want ...

Also hor.. the electric side mirror.. got the option to open/close electrically one.. there is a hole for a button.. but in SG no such option leh.. it is covered up..

mine move off straight also will click.. inside the cabin.. does sound like something being turned on..

Your clicking sound is it the steering wheel cum turning signal switch that is clicking ?

I drive an Optra (M), have the whistling sound when it idles. During svc at SA, they concluded it was due to the Ecotek fitted to the car. Didn't follow up with them as Ecotek works as rpm goes up only. Lately the whistling sound is more pronounced, removed Ecotek still the same. Sound diappears when car moves. Anyone hv similar "experience" or remedy?

Neutral Newbie
Notice when I start my car, and moving off, can hear an audible click sound somewhere inside the car.

I do not know what is the combination that will cause it, but I get it every morning when I go to work, and lunch time when I leave the office, and after work.

On the road , no such sound..

Suspect it is those feature of "auto-door-lock" after moving off the car at certain speed, but we dun have such feature.. so dunno what that click is about.. Definitely a relay being turned on somewhere..

I tried simulating at red-light. Stop car, put to park, open door, close door, put to D and move off.. no sound..

What is that huh ? Aveos got or not ? Those manual cars got or not ?

Have to off the radio to hear it.. Aircon off or put at 1...

i think you are referring to the ABS sound, Aveo has it too. the sound will only come if you start engine AND move off. if moving off from traffic light, there is no sound (unless you kill engine, then start engine again).

checked with SA mech before and was told that "electronic sound" is ABS engaging. need not worry.

Neutral Newbie

since i took my car till now, seldom on radio when i alone in car... was trying to listen if there is any weird sound! hahahaha any sound/click/di/da/tok/whatever that i m not comfortable with, i will call up the service ctr and ask sweatdrop.gif

Hi all

Not worry about this sound.. It is the ABS-EDB mechanical Acuator load/speed

sensor functioning sound. Both Optra and Aveo are equiped with ABS-EDB so therefore

the sensor will pick up movement the very inital you start your engine and moved off.

After that, there will be no more sound unless you restart your engine again.

EDB will varies the brake pressure to the wheel with less restriction on the road surface.

So in turns the braking pressure will goes to the wheel with more load less restriction.

EDB is an active system so therefore the clicking sound is just an indication of system

functioning...

One thing I wish to highlight to all ABS-equiped car drivers are that dont start your engine by turning the key right from 'Off' to 'Start'...

Let the system do an self-checking 1st by turing the key to 'On' and let it stays there

for a couple of seconds or untill the ABS lights went out.

This good habit will allows the ABS signal to sends to the actutor and back to ECU for independent self-checking.. Try practicing this good habit and your ABS will stay in tiptop condition for long long time..

↡ Advertisement