Import procedures

Porker

Neutral Newbie

err... i wouldve thought u'd researched on this in first place before getting the idea of self import?? [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

anyways, its great tat u even dare consider this... i really wonder how many PRIVATE INDIVIDUALS have single handedly imported their own cars with minimal head-bashing... [blush]

regardless, no doubt in theory it can be done without any problems... and luxury to exotic cars do benefit more if one self imports... i.e: ur savings are much greater for more exotic cars...

in any case, ur decision to self import i feel shld be based on the savings u get from BYPASSING the middlemen/agents etc... least on ur priority and ur last concern shld be on the servicing WORKSHOPS, PARTS supply & warranty issues etc.

Cos no matter what is said, to some ppl nothing beats the piece of mind in having the official agent backing up ur car through servicing/maintenance & warranty... and these are the ppl tat rather pay a HIGH PREMIUM price than be left out in the cold shld anything happen to the car.

jus my point of view... personally if i had the time & money AND wanted to save on markups i wouldnt mind trying to self import too... and i'd not care much abt servicing/maintenance UNLESS its a REAL EXOTIC car which no one in SPR have experience in servicing!! [rolleyes]

Researched quite a bit. I found quite a number of German exporters. However, the price seems high. It doesn't make sense to self import with that kind of price.

I'm actually not too concerned with the servicing and warranty though.

I guess its back to MX5. Just visited the showroom and sat in one. Test drive should be this weekend. Surprised to find that I fit in nicely. Its snug fitting. Only drawback is the slightly low ceiling but that can be resolved easily. I think I'm gonna get that!!! [inlove]

err no ... The "so called" Expo as named by Performance Motors Limited is held at their showroom at alexandra. Think they've been advertising on the newspaper for quite a while. The E46s are going at a pretty cheap price. [;)]

Isn't it more expensive ? I mean after all the tax ... COE ...

BMW having an EXPO. E46 320 going at 132k I heard. Do check it out wink.gif

then wat is the 318 going for?

Neutral Newbie
Researched quite a bit. I found quite a number of German exporters. However, the price seems high. It doesn't make sense to self import with that kind of price.

I'm actually not too concerned with the servicing and warranty though.

I guess its back to MX5. Just visited the showroom and sat in one. Test drive should be this weekend. Surprised to find that I fit in nicely. Its snug fitting. Only drawback is the slightly low ceiling but that can be resolved easily. I think I'm gonna get that!!! [inlove]

brand new MX-5 ? i think better get a RX-8, cheaper right ?

Brand new Miata is about $100,000 after discount. I'm sure it can go lower. RX8 is going for $136,000. Thats the base model if I'm not mistaken. For that price, I might as well get a Subrau Legacy GT [bounce1]

For real... my colleague got his GT a few weeks back and I had the pleasure of sitting in it. The ride is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet [sunny]