Maintain fabric seats

Sgspurs

You can follow SOYA suggestion to spray a couple cans of 3M Fabric protector & do regular vacumn on it. But it will still be quite dusty after some time. my ride original was oso fabric seats, & I do vacumn it every week & it still quite dusty espcially if you got kids it is not so good for them [shakehead] I have decided to change to leather seats few mths ago.

spray before unwrapping seat plastics ???

must unwrap first before spray right ?

can get the 3M fabric protector from petrol stations ?

if the fabric originally feel very soft, after spraying will it feel different? sticky? rough? really water will bead and roll off like they advertise ah? got smell or not? discolouration?

whaz your comment? i ask cos scared to apply on new car. but alas my kids very dirty one.

how you "spray before unwrap"?

thanx for advise.

aiyo, understooded lah. smash.gif dun unwrap b4 spraying. juz follow the 3M instructions i.e dun overspray and let it dry between coats and it wun feel sticky.

my fren getting his new car soon...so is asking me how to maintain fabric seats ?

anyone has any idea ?

=================

Hi SG spurs,

Actually fabric is the easiest to maintain. Just vacumn when you wash the car & remove the dust. If you use a/c most of the time, you have very little dust.

No need to apply oil/polish etc & it will not crack,dry or peel. Stays cool also so no burnt bottoms [laugh]

If you afraid of dirty/sticky fingers, just spray on 3M fabric protector. Fabric gets a little shiny but will disappear after a while. Very easy to remove mild stains like chocolate etc & water rolls off.

Use a damp cloth to blot up spills & slowly wipe till clean.

Must re-apply the 3m after some time as it looses the effect.

My car is >15 years and my seats still in very good condition. Mine is the velvet type so it needs a little more care but a good vacumn once in a whils is all it needs.

I was thinking of using my wet/dry vacumn cleaner to give it a through shampoo but afraid it might be difficult to dry properly. May just try it in the near future though.

Cheers [:)]

Neutral Newbie

I am keen to do this steam vacuuming. Where exactly can I can this service done ? Do you have the contact ? smile.gif

[reply]

SAFRA Tampines CarkPark is one.

It is just like using an OSIM steam vaccum that cleans fabric well.

Neutral Newbie
aiyo, understooded lah. smash.gif dun unwrap b4 spraying. juz follow the 3M instructions i.e dun overspray and let it dry between coats and it wun feel sticky.

doesn't make sense what your saying... from what I gather, the plastic is still on the chair, you spray the plastic all over, then after that unwrap the plastic and then throw away the plastic?

spray a couple cans of 3M Fabric protector first b4 unwrapping the seat plastics. after that, juz a regular vacumn will do.thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

heard of this too...think it is highly recommended nod.gif

it's a plastic can spray fo fabric to lift up the fowl smell by oxygenating just like Power O2 bleach. yes, i do believe it is a color bleach of sort. no good for pple with sensitive skin.

↡ Advertisement