RainX removal liquid from Soft99?

Genie47

OK I can't remember who but some posted a product from Soft99 that removes RainX and cleans the glass. Costs around 10 bucks. Could this be their Glare Cut Liquid with ceramic powder in a liquid suspension.

Whoever that is who posted this, said that it was found in the windscreen treatment section of Autobaccs.

Interested in it to keep the windscreen nice and smooth instead of using harsh household detergent.

BTW, see the link here on their step by step application of Glaco and the step before the last which is the application of Glaco (a RainX glass treatment) is the application of the yellow bottle which is the Glare Cut Liquid. See the pic on the water cascading down after the Glare Cut Liquid treatment. They even have a special claybar for the windscreen with its own quick detail liquid. Glaco for those who are interested have 2 versions. I don't mean the applicator size. The normal orange bottle one is the normal RainX style ones. The black bottle with the orange Glaco label is their Fusso version. It is their Teflon version that is supposed to last 6mths.

http://www.soft99.co.jp/...o/glaco03/index.html

Soft99 products do rock and are very affordable. If only the Japanese write their websites in English to reach out to the massive American autodetailing market.

Edited by Genie47
↡ Advertisement

The way the water cascaded after application of the Glare Cut Liquid reminds me of the same effect after my windscreen was cleaned with the cerium oxide solution.

Yes yes.

But it is selling as some sort of glass cleaner with oil film removal. So it could be CeO in some sort of aggressive househould detergent (Cif?). They clearly said that if it gets onto the paintwork, remove with lots of water.

I have not tried CeO with ethanol yet. Will get some from the pharmacy to do this. The lab's ethanol is too good to use. BTW, it is so pure you can drink it get the maximum high! sly.gif Mix a little Cif with it and then see its effects.

BTW, the 200g bottle of the Glare Cut is selling for 8.60 in Autobaccs. Glaco Fusso 6mths is selling for 12 odd bucks. I have come to realize fusso in Japanese could mean Teflon.

I bought some "Fusso" coat for wiper blades. That's right for wiper blades. I will try this out with the frequently forecasted rain we have these days.

I may have come up with the ultimate cheapo solution for windows:

1. Wash car with shampoo but wash windows with CeO/Cif/ethanol mix until super smooth.

2. Dry.

3. KAIO on everything including the windows

4. KSG on everything including the windows. Mirrors as well as rims.

5. Fusso coat on wiper blades to get to the equivalent to Trico's Teflon coated blades.

I'm so cheap. nod.gif

(edited)

The Fusso coat for wiper blades is from ProStaff, a division of Takehara corp.

See their windshield products below:

http://prostaff-jp.com/en/p3.htm

I'm tempted to try all of them. The Japanese are very good at packaging which also translates to very wasteful when it comes to packaging.

The key rubbing is their Glare Cut I think. Sells for 8.50 for the 120g. The 200g sells for 8.60 and the sponge dispenser all-in-one sells for 15.

Edited by Genie47

The Fusso coat for wiper blades is from ProStaff, a division of Takehara corp.

See their windshield products below:

http://prostaff-jp.com/en/p3.htm

I'm tempted to try all of them. The Japanese are very good at packaging which also translates to very wasteful when it comes to packaging.

The key rubbing is their Glare Cut I think. Sells for 8.50 for the 120g. The 200g sells for 8.60 and the sponge dispenser all-in-one sells for 15.

Hi Genie,

The Fusso coat wiper is it in sheets form.

How do you apply it. Just wipe on the rubber blades?

Many years back tried RAIN-X on front windscreen. After sometime, I realized the product may not be suitable for our climate. [lipsrsealed] My colleague also said the wiper blades rubber started to decompose soon. [lipsrsealed] Can only hope they corrected/improved on their product. [sweatdrop]

Oo i just bought rainx, why was it not suitable for our climate? What caused the wiper rubber to decompose?

i mis-read the topic as "RadX removal liquid from Soft99" [laugh]

dont use RainX on windscreens. it'll cause the wipers to judder. best is to just apply on side windscreens and mirrors.

Use glass compound (any brand) and RainX original (made in USA), yellow box packaging. The glass compound is to remove all stubborn oil residue and other dirt from the windscreen. Then you can apply the RainX. Both of them are available in Autobacs or major convenience stores at any petrol kiosks. I have been using them for years, and my wiper blade last longer as I seldom use the wiper unless it is very heavy downpour.. [wave]

Use glass compound (any brand) and RainX original (made in USA), yellow box packaging. The glass compound is to remove all stubborn oil residue and other dirt from the windscreen. Then you can apply the RainX. Both of them are available in Autobacs or major convenience stores at any petrol kiosks. I have been using them for years, and my wiper blade last longer as I seldom use the wiper unless it is very heavy downpour.. [wave]

So yellow box rainX from US is ok but other packaging made in other countries are not ok?

Hmm i wonder what are the differences.

i mis-read the topic as "RadX removal liquid from Soft99" [laugh]

dont use RainX on windscreens. it'll cause the wipers to judder. best is to just apply on side windscreens and mirrors.

that is what i thought too.... more like RadX, removes liquid from @staff69

lol....one of the members

btw, this is a 10 yr old thread

but still relevant for discussion [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

So yellow box rainX from US is ok but other packaging made in other countries are not ok?

Hmm i wonder what are the differences.

I have not tried other made as RainX was the more commonly available then. So when the first time I bought the rainX, the Autobacs staff recommend to use glass compound (Japanese brand) as to ensure our windscreen is thoroughly clean prior to the rainX application....

↡ Advertisement