Transponder bypass kit

Ghunk

Neutral Newbie

My car comes with immobiliser and central lock. So there is no sound when locked and only a few flashes of the signal lights.

I will like to install a 2 way LCD alarm.

I was told that in order to install aftermarket alarm with the immobiliser, i have to install the transponder bypass kit....

My question is, how does this transponder bypass kit work?

Does it render the immobiliser useless in order to use the new alarm system OR

It just merge the immobiliser function with the new alarm system to work in harmony?

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

hi....when i installed pageguard...i ask the guy how will it effect if i hv an immobiliser included in mycar cos he ask if there is any immobiliser...he told me that if u want to hv the remote engine start, den immobilliser will be render useless but the pageguard has engine disable....but mebbe other place has the capability of installing without disabling the immobiliser n at this place is the only place in SG to get pageguard at the cheapest....

but if like the immobiliser of estima....u can start the engine without the immobiliser but when you engage the gear n move, it will disable everything......so i dunno how...

Neutral Newbie

So how is the pageguard you installed so far?

So what do the installer do to your car's immobiliser? Did you install the remote start and disable the factory immobiliser but used Pageguard's engine disabler?

Can the pageguard add in a voicemodule?

Can you provide me with more detail coz I am deciding to install pageguard versus crimestopper (by PinLiang) versus STW (by Singtech).

Thanks!thumbsup.gif

Neutral Newbie

so far i'm happy with it. my car do not hv the immobiliser so there is no problem but i ma putting all options and functions in like remote engine starter, engine disable, boot opener n so far it worked well, even the sensor is doing good. n on top of that, they r selling the cheapest in the market....so on....la

Neutral Newbie

the transponder bypass kit is used so that you do not need to disable the factory immobiliser. at the very moment you need to remote start, the by passkit will activate to bypass the transponder so that the car can remote start. that's all to it.

↡ Advertisement