Engine Mounting

Sucker

since we are in this topic....

normally how long will stock rubber engine mounting last ??? 3yrs ?? 4 yrs ??

My one 2 and a half years changed :wacko:

↡ Advertisement

just did my engine mount for vios few mths ago.

bought 3pcs engine mount from GS auto at $110 and my ws in jb charge me rm150 for labour

can sic the WS in JB???

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

I am driving a second hand Mazda 3 SP for 3 years, lately noise and vibration has surfaced. Sent to ws and the mechanic said need to change mounting. It costs around $400~$500 including labour.

Almost fainted when hearing the dollars. Can I check with SimplyTWL where you sent your car to? $230 for all is cheap. Can PM me your recommended ws for reference?

Also, any recommendation for cheaper change of mounting? I dont know how to go JB, so may be out for my choice.

Thank you alot. [:)]

Just go to any Mazda stockists like Chin Hon or Fong Yat to buy the 3 engine mounts. (<$250)

Then make a appt with any reliable workshops to have them change for u.(<$100)

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro, first you need to get the engine mounting from a stockist then source for a workshop.

I only know Toyota stockist, not sure about mazda sorry..

Once you get the parts, pm me to pass your the workshop details.

But most workshop are charging almost the same rate for labour, all depends on how reliable they are.

Reply to SimplyTWL : Thank you for the information. Will source for the engine mounting.

Just go to any Mazda stockists like Chin Hon or Fong Yat to buy the 3 engine mounts. (<$250)

Then make a appt with any reliable workshops to have them change for u.(<$100)

Reply to Obession : That is very helpful information, at least I have a source to start enquiring. Maybe need to compare, if buy individually cost not much difference than my ws quote me, then probably will have everything be settled by my ws. *pray hard*

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro, one of the Mazda stock list dealer is near race course road, blk 685. Near the indian temple. Just went there last week to enquiry about Mazda 3 brake pads.

Edited by Snowblind

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro, one of the Mazda stock list dealer is near race course road, blk 685. Near the indian temple. Just went there last week to enquiry about Mazda 3 brake pads.

How is their price and service? Any chance to have the company name? Thank you.

Normally, after how long we drive our car that the engine mounting is giving problem. What is the tell tale sign for us to change it.

Neutral Newbie

Normally, after how long we drive our car that the engine mounting is giving problem. What is the tell tale sign for us to change it.

Easiest sign to note is vibrations/trembling whilst idling

Yes bro, totally agree with you!

Sometimes big names WS also don't mean good too.

Best is to have a regular mechanic that have good car knowledge!

Cheers~ :D

there is a thread about RV. read more about it. this could be the WS for you.

I can help answer this:

1) Slow deteroriation :

Vibration from engine into cabin, My car, 150,000 km, engine mount is less effective over time. Tell tale is Steering vibrate more at idle compared to new, decided to change engine mount for a smoother ride. Still can drive but decided to change as its passed half life cycle. Can last 5 more years rather than change at 7 or 8 years old.

2) Outright failure :

Big vibration when step on accelerator from stop, engine mount failure, my sis car, 50,000 km, engine mount gave way. drive to workshop and change all mounts. 5 years too.

Neutral Newbie

Did replacement for 4 pce of mounting for Altis 06 lately... totally damage about parts 270 plus + labour 150 (include serving). Indeed cheaper than Autobac recommendation!

Neutral Newbie

Just to share and ask for opinion because a girl who not really know all the prices. I just got my swift changed all 3 mounting at $380 which the boss told me that they never mark up the prices for the parts which bought from stockist and they charge me labour at $100 which they took around 3 hours to get it done. Is this deal a good deal so that I can judge them better because I would like to have regular maintenance there. They provided me a good service which they have brought me back to office to work and fetch me to get my car at their workshop again at lunch time.

change engine mounting need to take out the engine right?

then wouldn't it be good to change timing belt and fuel pump together?

Those two can change without engine dismount.

But of course won't hurt if wish to be done at same time.

Come to think of it, actually some cars need not take out engine completely to replace engine mounting (bushings). Check with your mechanics ba?

Neutral Newbie

Where can i get engine mounting for Chevy Aveo 2006?

Hi,u can call rapid auto for the answer and I think you will get budget price from there as mine. U can find them in the vendor forum.

↡ Advertisement