Engine Mounting

Sucker

Hi there,

I was told that the engine mounting for Manual Car is not suitable for an Auto Car. The Manual Car engine mounting is hard and the Auto Car will have vibrations.

Is it correct?

Thanks

Sucker!

↡ Advertisement

nope.... dunno who tell u crappy stuff like this.

afaik, u must use back the same type of engine mounting and should at all times use back OEM ones.

there r 2 type of mounting. rubber padding (general cars) and hydraulic ones for more expensive/ continential cars.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi anyone knows if there is a way to change for engine mounting rubber cheaper? I was quoted at 380++ for the rubber, and I saw online that the rubber is less only around USD35 per pair online, but they only have it for left hand drive. Any kind soul can help to provide advise if there is cheaper alternative?

My car is a Suzuki Swift 1.5.

Hi anyone knows if there is a way to change for engine mounting rubber cheaper? I was quoted at 380++ for the rubber, and I saw online that the rubber is less only around USD35 per pair online, but they only have it for left hand drive. Any kind soul can help to provide advise if there is cheaper alternative?

Hmm. 380++ seems abit ex? What registration year is your Swift? Sports Edition?

You can buy the mountings and change youyself. You can use rubber mountings or those poly urethane aftermarket ones.

I don't like Hydraulic mountings cause it leaks as it ages. Used to have a 318is and 520i. Hyro mountings, sucks. And still have vibration.

since we are in this topic....

normally how long will stock rubber engine mounting last ??? 3yrs ?? 4 yrs ??

Depends on the driver's usage and mileage of the car.

My OEM engine mounts cost about S$460 including labour. I am not sure whether your above quote includes labour.

My OEM engine mounts cost about S$460 including labour. I am not sure whether your above quote includes labour.

WTF so expensive!!! Even mountings for my 520i dont cost anywhere near there!!

I just change them myself. A bit of hassle but still ok.

You can buy the mountings and change youyself. You can use rubber mountings or those poly urethane aftermarket ones.

I don't like Hydraulic mountings cause it leaks as it ages. Used to have a 318is and 520i. Hyro mountings, sucks. And still have vibration.

hi, my car is not swift . . . .

you mentioned "rubber mountings or those poly urethane aftermarket ones".

ok, I can buy the OEM rubber type from stockist.

but, what' bout the poly urethane types???

thanks

Wow, that must have been quite a feat. Don't you have to take out at least some parts of the engine to do so? I think I've to change mine as well, the vibration of the car seems to be getting more pronounced and I'm not planning to change ride any time soon.

One word, 2 syllables...JAYBEE [laugh]

Changed mine there for about RM550 for the whole set including transmission mounts. Mine's not a Swift though, but I've seen quite a few local units running around there, so aftermarket original/OEM parts should be quite easily available...

Depend on which mounting eg. sides, center, etc....Some are cheaper, while those 'hydraulic' types are more expensive.

Expensive meh? The pricing range is around there when I ask a few workshops and even my stockists for my Jap made car.

For my Jap made car, engine mountings cannot be changed by layperson like myself. Need a mechanic to do it. There are parts that need to be dismantled to change the mountings and only a trained person can do it.

Hi there,

I was told that the engine mounting for Manual Car is not suitable for an Auto Car. The Manual Car engine mounting is hard and the Auto Car will have vibrations.

Is it correct?

Thanks

Sucker!

really good lie lol how can this be possible?

Neutral Newbie

Hmm. 380++ seems abit ex? What registration year is your Swift? Sports Edition?

Kimkichin, mine is a 2005 model - SWIFT 1.5 AT. Basically, the problem started recently when I accelerate too suddenly, there will be a slight "thump" sound coming out from the engine area but no other issue when driving it. The workshop told me it's that problem with the engine mounting rubber & quoted me that price. What's the normal rate?

bro, i also changed my engine mountings (mazda 2sp) for $460 last OCt 08...

changed 3 of them...

after changing, ride was smooth with minimal vibration...

Anyway, mountings are wear and tear item...

my driver's side mounting leaks, there is a crack at the rubber joint, which causes the oil to leak onto my engine bay...a very messy affair...

↡ Advertisement