Thermal coating vs wrapping

Wrxblue

Thermal coating lasts longer but only ceramic coating is as efficient as thermal wraps.

The risk of thermal wraps is it's a fire hazard *touch wood* especially if stained in oil, so some thermal wraps have accompanying silicon spray which coats the finished coating to inhibit from moisture and oil.

[sunny]

Neutral Newbie

Hi there TB

Went to MAN Exhaust today and he suggested I leave the exhaust the way it is. Any mod will make the low end torque suffer. Thinking of insulating the extractor. Any good ceramic insulators to recommand?

Regards

Lester

Unfortunately the only ceramic coating source I knew disappeared or went bust.....not sure where else in SG have ceramic coating service.

Another alternative is VHT thermal coating at Autofix. Check with Mondy for contact.

Ceramic coating goes for about $250 per header/extractor. That's for the coating only, U'll have to remove the header and send it to the ceramic coater. [;)]

Not sure about thermal coating prices....

Hi guys

which one do you think is more effective and efficiency in reducing temp under the hood.... [gossip]

Leave your car at home and don't drive!! [laugh][laugh]

Just kidding.... think there are pple doing the "cool mist" spraying under the hood.... but haven't seen one yet....

Neutral Newbie
Hi guys

which one do you think is more effective and efficiency in reducing temp under the hood.... [gossip]

Been following the posting at seatsg eh?

Neutral Newbie

Well Chris Chee is the boss for Autofix.. His Tel : 64544940, and addr is 176 Sin Ming Drive #05-14 Singapore 575721. I did the Thermal coating cost about $220. The result is [thumbsup] good, air-con is cooler and is like driving at night...

Neutral Newbie

Lester, Have U gone to the Autofix yet? if not go down & check with his (Chris) opinion.

To my understanding, Thermal coating shouldn't has the negative low end torque effect!!

Or give me a call to go down together.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Boobs... Not very long abt most 2 hours... and pay $220 (if I don't remember wrongly)... You have Chris Chee's contact...I suggest you call him before hand.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Chlee98,

Thermal barrier coating is just a apply layer of ceremic base kind of paint in the car exhause.. at the 4 extractor till the mid of the exhause system. It is use to cool the engine compactment of your car, as a result you would expenience air-con is cooler as well as night driving or drive during a cool wealther...

↡ Advertisement