2001 Octavia 1.8 turbo: good buy?

Super7

hi All,

dealer selling above 1.8 turbo for 70k, 1 owner, mileage claimed as 19k km..... is this a good buy???

i tot the yearly depreication gotta be low 7k pa to be worth the while... dealer said it's about 8k++ pa.......

thanks in advance for any info/advice

cheers [nod]

Edited by Super7
↡ Advertisement

Hi Foo,

Just came back from Raffles Place, they are showing few Skoda car. Told that the 2003 1.8 (with 200bhp) is coming next year selling around $125K [jawdrop] , rather get a 2lit AR147 [thumbsup]

Yes, I think it is a pretty good buy provided you have checked that the car has not had an accident [:/] etc...i.e. the usual checks one does before buying a car. Brand new, this car would have costed about S$110K. [sweatdrop]

BTW, is this a red Octavia 1.8T with licence plate SDP1166S? Seen the advertisement to sell for several weeks now. Seems like no takers, so better do a thorough check. See whether you can bring it in to Czech Auto and have them check it. If everything is ok, [thumbsup] it then up to you. Good luck. [:)]

thanks mate [thumbsup][thumbsup] , for you good advice. yes, its the red car, dealer sounded quite keen to unload it.......... will have a thorough check by workshop.........

cheers [thumbsup]

hi Fabiaman,

any idea whether Octavia 1.8T will ever be brought in as new again by the new agent??........what about the RS version???......

thanks n cheers [nod]

Neutral Newbie

If you want this car .... I can get my wife to run an insurance check on Monday for this car to see whether there has been an accident claim related to it .......

hey, this check will really be handy for finding out if the car met an accident before (provided someone lodged a claim???)....... thanks, will let you know if i move forward with this purchase.....

cheers [thumbsup][thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Yep, its good for people to know.

Basically I "abuse" it cause my wife got access to this information. LOL [laugh]

Also when related to accidents - anything related to engines are expensive. So if the car got accident with damage to engines which need repair, most of the time SURE got claim one. Where got pay with own pocket .... siao ah .... [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Okie, bulk reply coming up......

Harmman: ooooo....so you've got 'connections', huh ? That's great - maybe you could now charge a finders' fee for ever round of checking you make..... [laugh] But seriously, that's a pretty good way of verifying 'accident-free' claims made by dealers - have met some which were quite blatantly untrue..... [:p]

Jman: 200hp 1.8T Octy ? [shocked] Wow...now that's something. Where did you hear that from ? Last I read, the RS has a mere 180hp...... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

7: Oooo....so, finally considering becoming a VAG-ger yourself, eh.....? [sly]

Neutral Newbie

Err....based on 2-month old info, CA does bring in the current (150hp) 1.8T and sounded quite committed to bringing in the RS tho' they didn't mention when it was coming.

So, finally seeing the light in VAG products.....? [sly]

i always know VAG's stuff are good value, and also know if i can get it 2nd hand it will be even better value for $$ [thumbsup][thumbsup] ......waiting for the right moment to strike..... wify needs convincing.......

cheers

(waiting for your Ipoh Trip Report....) [:)]

(edited)

her requirements are simple:

- quiet

- spacious

- aircon cold cold

- very comfy

- not to ex

- newer than current car (99)

- easy for short driver (she's 5'0.0000001")

- not dark colour

cheers [nod]

Edited by Super7

Neutral Newbie

Hmmm.....that's quite easy.....

- quiet - yup, unless you really floor it in 1st.... [laugh]

- spacious - pretty good, unless you're a 6-footer, in the rear seat and front seats are pushed all the way back

- aircon cold cold - very subjective but I guess you could always pump it up all the way

- very comfy - definitely.....

- not to ex - er....everything's relative here, I should say....

- newer than current car (99)

- easy for short driver (she's 5'0.0000001") - okay-lah....can raise driver seat.....

- not dark colour - can respray.... [laugh]

If only everyone had such simple, down-to-earth requirements...... [gossip]

hey, i juz realise maybe you wanna sell your car???........ what will the next car be???........... leon GT or something fast ???... MPV for kids and pets???...

cheers [:)]

"- aircon cold cold"

Errr... I've only heard good things about a certain make's aircon (which you should be familiar with) - the rest are crap, according to this genius. Right Alex? [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Me ? Sell my Toad ? [shocked]

If I sell car then no car liao.....have to downgrade to public BMW all over again.... [bigcry]

Can't afford to upgrade to a Leon Cupra or V70 right now. Or, probably, for the next decade or so..... [shakehead]

↡ Advertisement