2001 Octavia 1.8 turbo: good buy?

Super7

hehehe, isee isee, your toad has already turned into a princess [gorgeous] .... no wonder not letting her go..... good lah, keep her... [thumbsup][thumbsup]

cheers [nod]

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

you mean aircon cold cold is toyota's specialty???....... dinnoe that until now.... but come to think of it, all the toyotas i owned, really gave no aircon problems.... touch wood [shocked][shocked] ....... maybe toyota san's previous life was a fridge maker???......... [dizzy][dizzy][rolleyes][rolleyes]

cheers n stay [cool][cool]

Edited by Super7

Neutral Newbie

From a female Skoda owner's point of view [laugh] :

- quiet : ok lah, all cars sound the same to me

- spacious : show her the boot! We've a box of car wash equipments, one baby pram & one cushion permanently in the boot. Still got space for groceries. There was once when we lowered one side of the back seat n stuck my hubby's bicycle into the boot, with just the front wheel hanging out. I'd say the Octavia has a relatively large boot compared to cars of similar size. The interior though, is just average, I think.

- aircon cold : I'm afraid this will disappoint your wife. When my car has been parked in open-air under the hot sun, I always need to open up all the windows n let the wind cool down the inside 1st b4 switching on the air-con. If not, the air-con is just blowing hot air. But in the morning n rainy days, it's very cold [:p] .

- very comfy : the only other cars I usually sit in r a Merz n Volvo S40, I think my skoda's seats r not as nice. But maybe the 1.8T will have more comfortable leather seats?

- not to ex: the price sounds Ok to me

- easy for short driver: I'm 1.57 m tall (or short [:/] ). The only problem I've is the rear of the car. Very high n quite difficult to see. I always depend on the reverse indicator n looking at my car's reflection on other pple's cars when reverse parking.

Edited by Veron

Neutral Newbie

Hey, Veron, in response to the rear being difficult to see out of, all I can say is that's the price we (you and I both, along with all high-booted car owners) pay for huge boots..... [laugh] However, increasing your faith in your driving (ie., reversing blind in the last metre or so when parking) is IMHO a small price to pay for the huge load-carrying ability..... [;)]

And, like some ppl I know would say "Bang got sound"..... [sweatdrop][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Renegade

Thanks, Veron, for the 1st hand, and leg, info (.... you do drive with both i believe, juz like most of us??)... this is really 'insightfull'..........

in our tropical climate, i guess it's not uncommon to 'down' all the windows and let the hot air out (including that roasted inside the air ducts).... so if that's all that's needed to pre-cool the car before 'on-ing' the aircon, tat's normal to me...... [:)]

cheers and will continue keeping the 'Ortah' on my list..... [;)]

thanks agian [nod]

you mean 19k km mileage high???... turbo charger can spoil very soon???..... dun scare me lah... [:/][:/]

cheers [nod]

actually I read somewhere that a properly maintained turbo can last the lifetime of the engine.... Of course a poorly maintained one could die within a year. [:p]

Neutral Newbie

Guess that goes for any engine, turbo-ed or otherwise, doesn't it ? If if my memory serves me well, Turbobrick's ex-turbobrick had clocked up quite a significant amount of mileage but the turbo was still doing well.....

Wouldn't worry too much abt the modern turbo's lifespan. Mine's warranted for 75,000 km wif very long 15k service intervals. Guess that shows the kinda confidence manufacturer's have on turbo nowadays. [;)]

(edited)

wah, like that you want me to get married first without seeing whether the wife is pretty or not arh????..... only after 2nd child is born then check she pretty or not???? [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

can also, if not pretty you all take over the instalment lah [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Super7
↡ Advertisement