FUEL EFFICIENT PROTON GETS GOVERNMENT

Hitman

Neutral Newbie

After seeing Remy's done-up bodykitted Waja and E230's Waja .... I am very much attracted to the Waja. Was looking around for info on Waja and found this. nod.gif

I didnt know the Waja is called Proton Impian in UK and the Wira is known as Proton Persona. Why do car manufacturers name their cars differently for different regions ah ?? Much like Sentra and Sunny, 323 and Protege and much much more. Why ah ? dizzy.gif

Remy .. whats your FC like ??

The Australian Government

↡ Advertisement

Looks like Proton looks poised to do battle with the lower end Hyundais and Kias now!

But dun think many Singaporeans will buy Proton cos of the Sg/ Malaysia bias..

Neutral Newbie

I agree nod.gifthumbsup.gif

I actually dun mind getting a Proton though rolleyes.gif

Just wondering what are the problems (if any) associated to the 1.6 Waja (I know the 1.8 problems but since SGP no have 1.8, no need to talk lah) .........

Any Waja owners care to comment anything about the Waja ? nod.gif

Neutral Newbie

Yeap .. read this info quite a while back n was rather suprised plus impressed of what MY cars had gone thru .. [nod]

It claims to be able to reach 14 km/l [sweatdrop] but mine is onie 12 km/l BUT the petrol indicator has not yet reached it's mark yet. [sly]

Probably can go a further distance and it's due to my HRF n driving hard !! [rolleyes]

Attached in the Waja in AU for the rest of the MCFers to see.

[inlove]

post-67-1099403257_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

The bodykit for Waja that I've seen one in MY lagi bold n beautiful - lowered, with the scoop and the side ventilation .. oooo [inlove]

Thought of doing that at first by wifey against the idea as it will attract to many eyes.

[;)] .

Neutral Newbie

Hahaha ... most ppl prefers other cars than a Waja even though they hv a HRF [:p]

The Aftermarket products available can hopefully save the FC [lipsrsealed]

Neutral Newbie

At times it hard to engage/downshift to the 1st and 2nd gear for manual waja.

Door catch handle is damn fragile.

Not sure all this had been fixed for the new ones coz mine is a second hand car.

Other than that I m contented w my demonic ride [sly]

[laugh][laugh]

Neutral Newbie

PEople,

Here are some comparison shots for you to digest. FYI The Waja is based on the now defubct Mitsubishi Charisma built in Belgium for the EC market only. Note that the Waja comes only in 4 door trim only rite ?? The Charisma is built as a 5 door....and guess what ....?? This plant also used to assemble.............the Volvo S40 Mk1 !! They share the same platform ... shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

So u can say that the Waja is a distant cousin of the Volvo S40 Mk1.......

laugh.gifsly.giflipsrsealed.gifgossip.gif

post-67-1099408427_thumb.jpg

Edited by C708