Flooding inside car

Nightchaser

Hi fellow forumers,

I can't believe this could happen. Yes, my driver side floor is flooded. Sounds incredible? I managed to use a cloth and soak out half a pail of water.

This is the latest in a series of problems for my Tuscani which has left me disappointed and sad.

Went to Komoco at 4+ yesteday, apparently guy said that the aircon tube leading out could be spoilt or evaporator could be spoilt, but bottom line is that it is a 1 day job.

Now whenever I turn right, I hear this swishing sound...like water overflow... then my carpet/flooring is soaked with water.

I ask him whether this is normal, he says it is not the first time. My car is only 7 mths old with around 15000km. Is this actually acceptable?

Now I worry that the wires may be affected and the undercarriage may rust. In the US, this would probably constitute buying a lemon...!!!

Any opinions and advice from other drivers here? [shakehead]

And I thought only hydrogen fuel cell cars could produce water as a byproduct?

[laugh]

Edited by Nightchaser
↡ Advertisement

check the inlet air vent at the top of ur car bonnet. is it clogged with leaves / twigs?

clogging the vent will result in water being filled and unable to flow outta the drain holes inside the vent. this drain hole/s r rather small.

the thing about this is that there is a fresh air vent hole under the air vent but is raised above the bottom of the vent, so water does not seep in. but if the drain holes r clogged, they will start to pond inside the air vent, and eventually (sooner with a thunderstorm), water will raise and overflow into the car via the inlet air vent.

and presto, u got sky juice!

Welcome to MCF!! Do join out meetups.

Sorry to hear about your situation.... go back agent.. make noise and get them to compensate you for your lost of use.. [nod]

Got to trace the source of the water.

Yours is only 7 months new, not likely that water seeps in through the corroded metal panes.

The other possibility is through the weather strips.

But it is within warranty, KMC should rectify the problem.

brother, what exacty happen? did u had an accident prior to this or it came by itself??? if the car is in US, u will have the right to change a brand new car liao....and that's the sales policy in US, no question ask.....

that is probably why there is pirated stuff floating in the market.....consumer prefers to go for the alternative version, simply because they feel that it will be more worthwhile if something really screwed up....but in US, guarantee is rest assured to all consumers, whatever u bought, if u are unhappy, just raise your voice to them, and they will replace it to u at no other charges.....sometimes, they might even delivered it to your door step and replaced it for u to ensure customer satisfaction is there........ThATs the BIG Difference between Singapore retailer........

But.. frankly... we all know... if those shop that sell clothes does what the US does... guarantee they'll be gone in a while... that's culture.

We all know how S'poreans are like.... [nod]

i agree, but when i ask my colleagues about the exchange issues, like what u told me, they also aware of it.....it's an ethical issue, but generally speaking, the consumers are rather reasonable about this.....which is good for both consumers and retailers.....

Confirm alot of pple will go to Sim Lim Square.. buy the latest handphone... take home.. use for 14days... return... and then get full refund.... and go another shop buy another phone and keep repeating the process.... [shakehead]

Maybe you wish to take down all the pictures, and seek some legal advise for compensation.

You mean you are not the first case? Better get them to make sure that it doesn't comes back, or else I think you can check it out CASE for this matter... furious.gif

And I thought only hydrogen fuel cell cars could produce water as a byproduct?

You sure got a sense of humour...laugh.gif

Dude...sound like your aircon drain pipe is chocked. Clear it will get rid of the water swishing around in your car.

The water in your car is prob due to the overflow water from the aircon.

Check under your carriage if the water flows freely or not.

that voice down the the upbringing of oneself lah.....

Yah... probably 90% of the pple will do what I just said... [laugh] ... ok lah.. u won't lah... [nod]