Toyota Owners please come in!

DarkLord

18 minutes ago, Contented said:

Too bad Altis system cannot allow apple play to even play google map...and their gps is useless... 

change the head unit?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

19 minutes ago, shawnigami said:

change the head unit?

Need to change the whole system I think... unlike other brands or model can project to the display... Don’t know why elegant model features bundle seems useless... Lol

1 minute ago, Contented said:

Need to change the whole system I think... unlike other brands or model can project to the display... Don’t know why elegant model features bundle seems useless... Lol

Nothing in elegant model you find useful?

On 10/13/2019 at 2:19 AM, Contented said:

They need to wake up and understand what is technology... if cannot understand, Just don’t adopt.... at least it is reliable...

They have been around for decades.  even the Korean car makers have been around long enough to know what is technology.  I guess it's you who do not understand what is technology .

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Nothing in elegant model you find useful?

Let me summarize. Hope no one will scream at me again... 

1. GPS not updated and is chargeable to get BM to update. Useless to me

2. Rear Solar film tear off due to poor vision.

3. Smart key system that cannot bypass trunk unlock. Because of that need to Always to auto lock and unlock which will result shorter lifespan for all door spin..

4. smart key not sure secure enough to prevent the wireless relay hack. BM never assure it is redesign model.

5. Electronic chair maybe good.

6. I like auto rear mirror which will auto dim.

7. Speedometer that is out by 7-8km/h. You won’t get speeding easily

8. no apple or android play system.

7 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

They have been around for decades.  even the Korean car makers have been around long enough to know what is technology.  I guess it's you who do not understand what is technology .

True I don’t know technology. I am just a user. So make sure when adopt technology make sure it is accurate and secure one... with some human technology to it to cater for different human being... lol

6 minutes ago, Contented said:

Let me summarize. Hope no one will scream at me again... 

1. GPS not updated and is chargeable to get BM to update. Useless to me

2. Rear Solar film tear off due to poor vision.

3. Smart key system that cannot bypass trunk unlock. Because of that need to Always to auto lock and unlock which will result shorter lifespan for all door spin..

4. smart key not sure secure enough to prevent the wireless relay hack. BM never assure it is redesign model.

5. Electronic chair maybe good.

6. I like auto rear mirror which will auto dim.

7. Speedometer that is out by 7-8km/h. You won’t get speeding easily

8. no apple or android play system.

Out of 8 items, only 3 items you like about this elegance model?! Looks like this altis really bad siah.  :o

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

Out of 8 items, only 3 items you like about this elegance model?! Looks like this altis really bad siah.  :o

If get standard edition then no feature to be disappointed... it is mostly because of those too smart features that create the disappointment... Maybe the word elegant is misleading...

On 10/3/2019 at 2:01 PM, Contented said:

The smart system cannot program not to unlock trunk centrally. There is security concern where some valuable item like laptop, gift, luggage are kept in boot. When you get in or out of car or central unlock to allow passenger to get in or out, the boot is unlock too, and it mean anyone can just open boot and take my stuff... you will know why it is concern if you drove in Malaysia... I ever have someone trying to open my boot when I still in car!  He just walk away because it don’t have “smart” system but I did not Chase after as nothing lost and is in Malaysia. 
From security point of view,  i don’t see logic why boot need to be unlock when we just want to get in or out the car especially there are so many option to open boot from  fob,  inside car level, press button at trunk with fob. If it is to use for taxi due to airport pick up, then it should be a option to program for user! In other car brand, this can be programmed but not this “smart” Toyota system!

Toyota should recall this smart system to make it programmable! 

So the only gripe you have about your Toyota is the boot locking/unlocking? I am trying to decipher about reading about tens of your posts talking cryptically about some quality and technology issue. Thought you were talking about headunit or electrical problems.

Any other issues?

1 hour ago, Contented said:

If get standard edition then no feature to be disappointed... it is mostly because of those too smart features that create the disappointment... Maybe the word elegant is misleading...

Maybe elegant means they give you electronic driver seat and 17 inch rims? 😂

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Maybe elegant means they give you electronic driver seat and 17 inch rims? 😂

17inch I don’t need.. I just want a quality car and good customer service from BM to sincerely help me resolve my issue... I as a imperfect person can come out of a simple idea to resolve the trunk issue why can’t BM do it for me? 

12 hours ago, Contented said:

17inch I don’t need.. I just want a quality car and good customer service from BM to sincerely help me resolve my issue... I as a imperfect person can come out of a simple idea to resolve the trunk issue why can’t BM do it for me? 

you need 18", then the speedo and actual speed should match closer. 

BM can't solve your problem because they are only a re-seller. They sell cars, not make cars. You should be complaining to Toyota, not BM. Their office is at Tg Pagar. 

Is like asking Harvey Norman to reprogram your Samsung TV. 

Edited by shawnigami
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, shawnigami said:

you need 18", then the speedo and actual speed should match closer. 

BM can't solve your problem because they are only a re-seller. They sell cars, not make cars. You should be complaining to Toyota, not BM. Their office is at Tg Pagar. 

Is like asking Harvey Norman to reprogram your Samsung TV. 

No leh.. their standard edition 16inch is closer to actual speed.. don’t know why?

I have already feedback.. actually can pursue further but i listen to my wife.. let them go since I have most issue rectified by myself...

I will continue feedback the true irregardless many are upset as it may affect their car sales.. lol

11 minutes ago, Contented said:

No leh.. their standard edition 16inch is closer to actual speed.. don’t know why?

I have already feedback.. actually can pursue further but i listen to my wife.. let them go since I have most issue rectified by myself...

I will continue feedback the true irregardless many are upset as it may affect their car sales.. lol

Anyway, regarding the speedometer inaccuracy, they are allowed up to 4% discrepancy under a standard, SAE J1226. And under the EU requirements of UN ECE Regulations 39, the speedometer cannot be slower than actual speed. So in short, they are allowed to +4% actual speed. and it seems that the discrepancy increases with speed. 

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, shawnigami said:

Anyway, regarding the speedometer inaccuracy, they are allowed up to 4% discrepancy under a standard, SAE J1226. And under the EU requirements of UN ECE Regulations 39, the speedometer cannot be slower than actual speed. So in short, they are allowed to +4% actual speed. and it seems that the discrepancy increases with speed. 

My car is about 5km/h faster than Waze.

↡ Advertisement