Toyota Owners please come in!

DarkLord

27 minutes ago, Contented said:

No leh.. their standard edition 16inch is closer to actual speed.. don’t know why?

I have already feedback.. actually can pursue further but i listen to my wife.. let them go since I have most issue rectified by myself...

I will continue feedback the true irregardless many are upset as it may affect their car sales.. lol

How to check if the speedo and actual speed match?

Actually Speedo slower better right, so traffic camera wont speed over the limit.

My one standard version, never check before. 🤣

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, shawnigami said:

Anyway, regarding the speedometer inaccuracy, they are allowed up to 4% discrepancy under a standard, SAE J1226. And under the EU requirements of UN ECE Regulations 39, the speedometer cannot be slower than actual speed. So in short, they are allowed to +4% actual speed. and it seems that the discrepancy increases with speed. 

If only 4% mine already over so much.. at 70km/h, 7-8 km/h different.. 10%... so they breach any regulation? 

Hi,

Quick question, which is the best or better Borneo motors SC in SG? I so far went to Leng Kee and Pandan. I honestly think Pandan a bit better in servicing, but LK probably has a nice cushy place to sit and relax.  Any thoughts on this?

9 minutes ago, ismailmiller said:

Hi,

Quick question, which is the best or better Borneo motors SC in SG? I so far went to Leng Kee and Pandan. I honestly think Pandan a bit better in servicing, but LK probably has a nice cushy place to sit and relax.  Any thoughts on this?

What do you mean by better servicing le? In terms of the service advisor who attend to you, or the way the workshop mechanic handle your car? :huh:

• Praise 1

14 minutes ago, 13177 said:

What do you mean by better servicing le? In terms of the service advisor who attend to you, or the way the workshop mechanic handle your car? :huh:

The technical part of servicing the car, good identification of problems etc, more like the technical competency of the mechanics there.

3 hours ago, ismailmiller said:

Hi,

Don’t bother with SC and surrounding .. foreman is more important.. go bukit batok better.... Leng Kee no good...

Edited by Contented
Mistake

On 10/13/2019 at 2:18 AM, Contented said:

I think  BM Charge even more expensive to update...  the moral of the story is world have changed with phone gps which is more accurate updated and free... yet car company still Want to come with their proprietary gps.. and still hope to earn money.. 

not sure Toyota smart keyless system is secure from relay attack? So many car affected including Toyota.. if they still use the hacked smart system for Altis.... then really hopeless this company... I hope they know technology adoption got to be latest and not get older tech... security vulnerability need to patch or fix regularly.... 

How much BM charge to make it even more expensive to update than $300.  Can your phone GPS work inside tunnel? 

2 hours ago, Contented said:

Don’t bother with SC and surrounding .. foreman is more important.. go bukit batok better.... Leng Kee no good...

Looks like pandan and bt batok better than leng kee? Lol.

2 hours ago, Kklee said:

How much BM charge to make it even more expensive to update than $300.  Can your phone GPS work inside tunnel? 

My Phone gps work fine in tunnel... BM gps don’t even have some of address updated even with latest update...If you want to update after warranty may cost you above 600... hmmm

35 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Looks like pandan and bt batok better than leng kee? Lol.

Maybe too many posted purchase issue to attend... cannot give alternative solution to satisfy customer... poor customer service management...

• Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, Contented said:

Maybe too many posted purchase issue to attend... cannot give alternative solution to satisfy customer... poor customer service management...

If poor customer service management in BM, then should apply to all service centre right?

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

If poor customer service management in BM, then should apply to all service centre right?

Their SE also start to sell you other services or product during servicing...  start to worry whether their diagnoses is real after warranty is over... lol

PSA: Borneo has asked for top-up

According to SE, Borneo Motors has not asked for top up since 2016. This is now October 2019.

Ordered in July when COE price was S$26.7k; recent round was S$32.3k. Borneo asked us to top up. Gave us the option of either topping up S$2k (non-guaranteed) or waiting another few months. Apparently Borneo is only willing to bid S$27k.

Thought I should share this because when I bought the car, I tried looking up Borneo's call history online. Could not find so relied on SE who told me no need to buy guaranteed as no chance of top up.

Pretty annoyed because I checked with our SEs from Honda, Nissan, Kia, Hyundai, Suzuki - apparently all their customers got their cars.

TLDR: Borneo sucks. Should have bought a Hyundai!

35 minutes ago, fkborneo said:

According to SE, Borneo Motors has not asked for top up since 2016. This is now October 2019.

Ordered in July when COE price was S$26.7k; recent round was S$32.3k. Borneo asked us to top up. Gave us the option of either topping up S$2k (non-guaranteed) or waiting another few months. Apparently Borneo is only willing to bid S$27k.

Thought I should share this because when I bought the car, I tried looking up Borneo's call history online. Could not find so relied on SE who told me no need to buy guaranteed as no chance of top up.

Pretty annoyed because I checked with our SEs from Honda, Nissan, Kia, Hyundai, Suzuki - apparently all their customers got their cars.

Quite surprised that they didn't want to bear that $5-6k difference and secure the coe for you.

I went to BM lengkee for servicing early Sep 2019 and I walked to the showroom to see see look look. When I was walking to their Altis.. the SE came forward and told me that their Altis is selling very well. Delivery date will be next year liao.

Seem like it is true and maybe they got too many order that they are not willing to bear the difference and secure the coe for you.

What car did you book?

Suggest that you take back the deposit after the 6 bids and buy other brand if they cannot get the coe for you.

1 hour ago, fkborneo said:

This is lousy... no coe rebate yet still can not secure coe... I do hope I did not secure coe... so I can change to other brand.. lol

Edited by Contented
Errror

29 minutes ago, Derf8988 said:

Quite surprised that they didn't want to bear that $5-6k difference and secure the coe for you.

I went to BM lengkee for servicing early Sep 2019 and I walked to the showroom to see see look look. When I was walking to their Altis.. the SE came forward and told me that their Altis is selling very well. Delivery date will be next year liao.

Seem like it is true and maybe they got too many order that they are not willing to bear the difference and secure the coe for you.

What car did you book?

Suggest that you take back the deposit after the 6 bids and buy other brand if they cannot get the coe for you.

Are you sure the delivery date is till next year? Elegant or standard? When new model launching they will slow down the ordering.... 

↡ Advertisement