Toyota Owners please come in!

DarkLord

On 1/1/2020 at 7:06 PM, ConnorMcLeod said:

Most of the time I use Google map not the built in GPS which often have problem routing. 

Guess some app use accelerometer to supplement GPS and can estimate position when GPS signal is lost temporarily. 

I am looking for such an app. 😎

↡ Advertisement

On 11/13/2019 at 7:30 PM, akow said:

I bot altis in mid- 2015 & also bot toyota infinity shield for extended 5 years warranty plus discounts for service package & parts.

And  hav gone to Borneo for servicing regularly, last service was 80k milleage. 

Recently my car engine mal-function light blink, car jerk. Sent for Borneo check showed ignition coils burned. Each coil cost abt $300. But Borneo refused to honour the 5 years warranty, citing even though I serviced only at Borneo, I did not follow the 10k millage rule for servicing, they penalised me thay my every 12k/13k millage servicing record, hence I have to pay for the cost of ignition coil.

Its useless to have the 5 years warranty. Never bother to servicing at Borneo, outside workshop cheaper.

In fact the CCCS that enforced Singapore competition act stated so long servicing record at outside workshop maintained, dealer like Borneo has to honour warranty.

My case even servicing at Borneo, they use unreasonable reason to force me pay during warrranty.

Similar scenario - mileage > 100k and servicing 10k +-1k.  No issue as yours. 

Maybe it is good to change ALL the ignition coil if travel up north. 

Edited by Kklee

On 12/21/2019 at 3:13 PM, Kia7200 said:

Not sure whether u r allowed to post this. 

U will offendmany ppl here

Maybe but the least is his story.

All of us should worry.  I saw on the unseen side of the moon there are aliens technology.

Turbocharged

https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2019/11/20/japanese-automakers-to-invest-rp-33-4-trillion-in-indonesia.html

Several Japanese automakers have conveyed plans for further investment in Indonesia, which should help the government implement its roadmap to build a globally competitive automotive industry.

“We have received a report about Toyota Group’s expansion plan worth of Rp 28.3 trillion (US$2 billion). This will include the development of Toyota, Daihatsu and Hino [vehicles],” Industry Minister Agus Gumiwang Kartasasmita said in a statement on Tuesday, as quoted by kompas.com.

The investment will be used to expand the company’s business in Indonesia during the period of 2019-2023.

Meanwhile, Honda has conveyed its interest in investing Rp 5.1 trillion in Indonesia within the same period, Agus said.

“The investment [by Honda] will be allocated to localization, new [car] models and industry deepening, among other things,” he added, noting that Honda had placed its research and development center in Indonesia.

The Golkar Party politician also invited more Japanese automakers to build research and development centers in Indonesia, taking advantage of special tax incentives.

Agus met with directors of automaker Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC), Toyota Group, Daihatsu Motor Corporation, Hino Motor, Suzuki Motor Corporation, Isuzu Japan, and Honda Motor during his visit to the East Asian country.

Indonesia’s automotive market has shrunk so far this year as domestic car sales declined by about 11.7 percent year-on-year as of October, according to data from the Association of Indonesian Automotive Manufacturers (Gaikindo) compiled by diversified conglomerate Astra International. 

In the month of October, domestic car sales dropped to 96,030, down nearly 9.5 percent from the 106,079 units sold in the same month last year.

Separately, Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indonesia (TMMIN) president director Warih Andang said Toyota Group had updated Agus on its car exports during the meeting.

“We also reinstated Toyota Group’s [investment] commitment worth of Rp 28.3 trillion to [Minister Agus],” he said, as quoted by kompas.com. (prm)

AIYOH!  this Toyota servicing damn jialat. 

Booked appointment at 8:45am today and now,  almost 2 hours later they have not even moved my car from the waiting lot. 

I drove in 8:15am and there were only about 7-8 cars at the waiting lots but I am still stuck. 

Spoke to the person in charge and he went down to WS and spoke to the mechanic.  

Very likely they missed my Q number. 

WTH!  GRRRRRRH....... 

Edited by Count-Bracula

2 hours ago, Count-Bracula said:

AIYOH!  this Toyota servicing damn jialat. 

Booked appointment at 8:45am today and now,  almost 2 hours later they have not even moved my car from the waiting lot. 

I drove in 8:15am and there were only about 7-8 cars at the waiting lots but I am still stuck. 

Spoke to the person in charge and he went down to WS and spoke to the mechanic.  

Very likely they missed my Q number. 

WTH!  GRRRRRRH....... 

Toyota service centre heard indeed quite jialat! My friend sent his car for servicing, and servicing completed within 45 mins and his car moved back to the waiting lot but no one informed him that the car is ready even after 1 hour plus has passed.

• Haha! 1

19 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Toyota service centre heard indeed quite jialat! My friend sent his car for servicing, and servicing completed within 45 mins and his car moved back to the waiting lot but no one informed him that the car is ready even after 1 hour plus has passed.

After servicing, the ws admin guy made arrangement for next appointment at 8am.  We looked at each other and immediately we both laughed.  I gave him the "really ahh? " look and he said "we make sure it won't happen again"

Okay lah,  no problem! I will remind you first when I come in. 

Edited by Count-Bracula
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Count-Bracula said:

After servicing, the ws admin guy made arrangement for next appointment at 8am.  We looked at each other and immediately we both laughed.  I gave him the "really ahh? " look and he said "we make sure it won't happen again"

Okay lah,  no problem! I will remind you first when I come in. 

Which service centre you go? Maybe some service centre more jialat?

Neutral Newbie

Hello all! New driver here. Keen to buy a used vios or altis (coe car) with a budget of around 20k. Don't want to commit to too many years as I'm unsure if car ownership is for me.

What are the things I should look out for? Anywhere I can read up or learn more? Feeling lost and confused 😅