Toyota Owners please come in!

DarkLord

4 hours ago, Kia7200 said:

Aiya most AD will have ppl complaining la

To me, as long u like the car and that car don't give u problems plus the maintenance is cheap, that will be good enough for me

That’s what I am looking for too... but elegant give me problem due to the their over smart system... lol..

↡ Advertisement

On 10/9/2019 at 12:19 AM, Contented said:

The Firmware coding is so easy to add an option to choose which door to unlock, and don’t need advance system.. currently they have option to choose only driver door and all doors... just need an option to all door except trunk.. lol

Why not find some workshop outside who have that device to access the car settings and reprogram it? I dunno what that device is called (ODB2?), but previously, i got some shop to disable the seatbelt ding ding  on my Z4. I belief toyota also can do the same. Know someone can reprog toyota ECU, not sure if he can disable the unlock function for you. 

Else can always do this

download.jpg

Edited by shawnigami
  • Haha! 1

On 10/8/2019 at 3:35 PM, 13177 said:

I am curious to know such feature which the trunk would auto unlock after the doors are unlocked found in others make/model as well? Or only altis has such feature?

The Harrier also same. anyone can activate the kick sensor if central locking is unlocked.

38 minutes ago, shawnigami said:

Why not find some workshop outside who have that device to access the car settings and reprogram it? I dunno what that device is called (ODB2?), but previously, i got some shop to disable the seatbelt ding ding  on my Z4. I belief toyota also can do the same. Know someone can reprog toyota ECU, not sure if he can disable the unlock function for you. 

Else can always do this

download.jpg

You know any workshop? I try a few but all told me can’t program. The only way is to unplug the trunk lid so it cannot be use including remote trunk open, only left with open from inside car. Anyway I have better idea is to hide trunk lid button, then still can open with remote and inside car..  seems me know better than mechanic.. lol..

8 minutes ago, Contented said:

You know any workshop? I try a few but all told me can’t program. The only way is to unplug the trunk lid so it cannot be use including remote trunk open, only left with open from inside car. Anyway I have better idea is to hide trunk lid button, then still can open with remote and inside car..  seems me know better than mechanic.. lol..

How to hide until it would not auto unlocked le? [confused]

28 minutes ago, 13177 said:

How to hide until it would not auto unlocked le? [confused]

As long as the button is hidden no one can open the trunk... so it can still be central unlock and no way to open it just like it is locked..  am I genius? Lol... copyright... 

issue is I cannot open the trunk myself from behind too. I pay more for this system yet I cannot use it because of workaround for the stupid smart logic..

On 10/9/2019 at 12:19 AM, Contented said:

The Firmware coding is so easy to add an option to choose which door to unlock, and don’t need advance system.. currently they have option to choose only driver door and all doors... just need an option to all door except trunk.. lol

What said coding, I.e. use to computer to do it.

what you shown is Audi driver use MMI to change the setting

2 hours ago, Contented said:

As long as the button is hidden no one can open the trunk... so it can still be central unlock and no way to open it just like it is locked..  am I genius? Lol... copyright... 

issue is I cannot open the trunk myself from behind too. I pay more for this system yet I cannot use it because of workaround for the stupid smart logic..

Orh, like that you just treat it like you arr driving the standard trim which doesnt  have this trunk feature. 😂

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Orh, like that you just treat it like you arr driving the standard trim which doesnt  have this trunk feature. 😂

Refund me the elegant and standard price diff... so simple right?

• Haha! 1

9 hours ago, Davidtch said:

Does Toyota comes with build in ICE?

No need ICE, they have the settings and options in the panel between the speedo and rev meter. Just that the options are very limited. Can be added, but guess they don't see a need to it, for some reason, while some feels the need for it. They gave the Harrier options to adjust boot opening angle and whether to disable the powered assisted opening, which are all redundant to me, imo. 

Edited by shawnigami
  • Praise 1

16 hours ago, shawnigami said:

No need ICE, they have the settings and options in the panel between the speedo and rev meter. Just that the options are very limited. Can be added, but guess they don't see a need to it, for some reason, while some feels the need for it. They gave the Harrier options to adjust boot opening angle and whether to disable the powered assisted opening, which are all redundant to me, imo. 

I think option should be there to cater for different drivers need.. just like steering wheel and car seat to adjust the length. It don’t cost too much price different too..

8 hours ago, Contented said:

I think option should be there to cater for different drivers need.. just like steering wheel and car seat to adjust the length. It don’t cost too much price different too..

True also la, should have an option for user to choose. But maybe this is how toyota car works, no option. Lol.

↡ Advertisement