Toyota Owners please come in!

DarkLord

5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

True also la, should have an option for user to choose. But maybe this is how toyota car works, no option. Lol.

Just to share... Toyota gps also cannot download Latest map from internet. What type of map is this in this modern world... that is what I always say loosing human touch... want to add tech please add it with the better one or else it will it will affect the brand even when engine is reliable..  

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Contented said:

Just to share... Toyota gps also cannot download Latest map from internet. What type of map is this in this modern world... that is what I always say loosing human touch... want to add tech please add it with the better one or else it will it will affect the brand even when engine is reliable..  

Maybe you need to go back to BM to update the gps map?

5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Maybe you need to go back to BM to update the gps map?

That will be pretty expensive. Its like throwing money into the drain when there are better choices.

Why not use the GPS on our phone?

1 hour ago, Contented said:

Mazda have free 1 yr update of map from their website.

After that if I'm not wrong, u have to pay $300. Lol

20 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

That will be pretty expensive. Its like throwing money into the drain when there are better choices.

True also. Car in built gps sometimes quite useless esp if need to pay to update the map. Use google map in phone good enough liao.

• Praise 1

14 hours ago, Kia7200 said:

Mazda have free 1 yr update of map from their website.

After that if I'm not wrong, u have to pay $300. Lol

I think  BM Charge even more expensive to update...  the moral of the story is world have changed with phone gps which is more accurate updated and free... yet car company still Want to come with their proprietary gps.. and still hope to earn money.. 

not sure Toyota smart keyless system is secure from relay attack? So many car affected including Toyota.. if they still use the hacked smart system for Altis.... then really hopeless this company... I hope they know technology adoption got to be latest and not get older tech... security vulnerability need to patch or fix regularly.... 

14 hours ago, 13177 said:

True also. Car in built gps sometimes quite useless esp if need to pay to update the map. Use google map in phone good enough liao.

They need to wake up and understand what is technology... if cannot understand, Just don’t adopt.... at least it is reliable...

On 10/12/2019 at 11:32 AM, RogerNg_185295 said:

Yea. Previous car had had navigation systems built in, then MCE came, and I saw myself driving in the water. AD charging close to $200 just to update maps. And it didnt have the RTTI feature. 

Now using Android Auto, can see traffic condition, reply whatsapp, sms, change music via google assistance, life is so much better. With Waze, I will know where got road works, crouching tiger(highway patrol) and hidden dragon(overhead bridge speed trap).

Edited by shawnigami

7 minutes ago, shawnigami said:

Yea. Previous car had had navigation systems built in, then MCE came, and I saw myself driving in the water. AD charging close to $200 just to update maps. And it didnt have the RTTI feature. 

Now using Android Auto, can see traffic condition, reply whatsapp, sms, change music via google assistance, life is so much better. With Waze, I will know where got road works, crouching tiger(highway patrol) and hidden dragon(overhead bridge speed trap).

Waze even can detect road works? :o

11 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Waze even can detect road works? :o

It doesnt detect. Is more like a social navigation app. So for example, I was driving down the road and saw an accident happen in front of me, I just input that there is an accident, and waze will share this information to all waze users. 

Waze Live Map

Edited by shawnigami

4 minutes ago, shawnigami said:

It doesnt detect. Is more like a social navigation app. So for example, I was driving down the road and saw an accident happen in front of me, I just input that there is an accident, and waze will share this information to all waze users. 

Waze Live Map

I see. So if all are 'sell fish' and no one input what they see in waze, so users would not know liao?! Lol.

11 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I see. So if all are 'sell fish' and no one input what they see in waze, so users would not know liao?! Lol.

yea. but got incentive to sharing. Can level up and power up. LOL!

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, shawnigami said:

yea. but got incentive to sharing. Can level up and power up. LOL!

Sounds like playing pokemon. Lol.

25 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

One will not know the value of Waze unless one drive in Malaysia a lot.

Waze quite accurate about police, jam, camera, speed, etc... and it know those minor road to avoid jam.. I always use it...

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Contented said:

Waze quite accurate about police, jam, camera, speed, etc... and it know those minor road to avoid jam.. I always use it...

Tried Garmin, Google Map, WAZE, in the end find waze the best, but most put in auto mode without north up.

2 hours ago, Dafansu said:

Tried Garmin, Google Map, WAZE, in the end find waze the best, but most put in auto mode without north up.

Too bad Altis system cannot allow apple play to even play google map...and their gps is useless... 

2 hours ago, Dafansu said:

why cannot set north up? I just changed my settings to always north up. 

↡ Advertisement