Honda Owners..... Pls Check In..

Redz

Hi gd mornng bros.

Would just like to check, I have just gotten a 2019 Fit 1.3 GF-package from PI. Car works wonderful, FC is amazing, but there is just one thing that is annoying me on a daily basis. Thus, would like to get your advice.

My AC compressor cyclics on and off every 8-10 seconds, and the vibration + metallic clicking noise it makes when it turns on/off is pretty audible. I checked with my bro-in-law who also collected his new Fit same time as me, and althought the cyclic motion is still present, his is less frequent (maybe every min or so) and the vibration/noise is not so loud as compared to mine.

I brought to workshop to check, they said its normal. Because its the compressor maintaining the correct pressure (which i researched online and its true, talk about learning something new everyday haha!) Funny thing is, after googling, seems like this is an issue which most Honda owners faced overseas. But a part of me just cannot accept the intermittent vibration and metal clicking sound since this is a new car.

So, just wanna check with bros here, is this issue normal for Honda cars? Should i just try to ignore it, or can i flag this as a defect?

Thanks in advance!

Lim

You may like to check the compressor oil/coolant.  If the coolant level is low, the compressor has to work harder.

You can also increase the temperature and fan speed to reduce the load on the compressor.  Usually, 24 degC plus medium fan speed works best for me to circulate cool air around the cabin.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Is it normal to hear a rattling sound from the back of the car (seems like fuel tank or exhaust) after shut down engine?

Driving 1.5 petrol Vezel X

Is it normal to hear a rattling sound from the back of the car (seems like fuel tank or exhaust) after shut down engine?

Driving 1.5 petrol Vezel X

Maybe something loose...

You can go to this workshop Technic Autocare to check.

Last time I went there, the service was good.

This is normal for honda cars for the ac compressor to kick in every now and than. this is not any issue. dont worry is not defect.

just enjoy your new ride.  [;)]

Thanks bro!

I also start to think that this is common for most Honda cars, because i realise that when there are Fit/Jazz driving past at my place's basement CP, i can alos hear the clicking sound of the compressor haha..

I will be gg to JB to do soundproofing to try and eliminate the noise haha!

You may like to check the compressor oil/coolant.  If the coolant level is low, the compressor has to work harder.

You can also increase the temperature and fan speed to reduce the load on the compressor.  Usually, 24 degC plus medium fan speed works best for me to circulate cool air around the cabin.

Checked the coolant level with the workshop, confirmed to be at the correct level. The technician even did a AC flush out of goodwill, and shown me the AC gas level pressure to ensure that its at the right level.

yes i agree with you, when i turned the fan speed to 3 & above, the compressor turns on/off less frequently = less annoying click sound/vibration

Any recommendations on what kinda car accessories or protection to buy for new car?

first time car owner here with a new Honda Fit hybrid coming out this week. =D

My AC compressor cyclics on and off every 8-10 seconds, and the vibration + metallic clicking noise it makes when it turns on/off is pretty audible. I checked with my bro-in-law who also collected his new Fit same time as me, and althought the cyclic motion is still present, his is less frequent (maybe every min or so) and the vibration/noise is not so loud as compared to mine.

If you are on Econ mode, the compressor will cut in and out more often to save energy. 

If you are on Econ mode, the compressor will cut in and out more often to save energy. 

hey there, nope my Econ mode is not turned on. But nevertheless, after extensive research (including asking 4 x random strangers who drives a Jazz/Fit/Vezel at my office carpark), i have concluded that this AC compressor cycling on & off issue is a normal behaviour for all Honda cars. Especially for those which are using the new DOHC engines. Unfortunately, I failed to notice this sound when I was test driving the Jazz at KM, if not i most probably would have bought the Avante instead.

But oh wells, no use crying over spilt milk. At least i enjoy much better Fuel Consumption and Handling with the Honda!

Thanks for your reply, cheers!

If anyone is curious KM has priority servicing for cars at certain intervals. Basically service your car in 1 hour for a fee. That fee is $10.

Versus my last servicing which took 3-4 hours, it's a pretty small price to pay to get back 3 or 4 hours of your time. 

• Praise 1

Hi bros and sis!! New driver/buyer here.
Looking to get a second hand driver with < 3years to practice driving first. 
Looking at fit/jazz vs toyota vios vs suzuki swift/ suzuki sx4 hb. 
Looking at bang for buck (no need to be cheap for the sake of it) + safety + reliability + low fc. 
Any lobang?? Which to get? 

Edited by ahlurkerkia

7 hours ago, teetootaller said:

I honestly think jazz and fit are fantastic workhorses. Own 2 in the household and both never serviced for past 2 yrs, still running well. JDM ftw

didnt service for 2 yrs? which means u didnt change EO at all?

On ‎19‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 2:13 PM, Jamescy said:

Any recommendations on what kinda car accessories or protection to buy for new car?

first time car owner here with a new Honda Fit hybrid coming out this week. =D

nothing to buy, maybe upgrade to carplay HU if you don't have it installed by dealer. rest. maybe when you take ownership of the car, you can figure it out.  but beware, customization is quite poisonous

For serving the free 3 years servicing by Kah how does it work.

I know It's 6 months or every 10K. But  what if mileage is low,  how does Kah determine when to do major servicing?  Still at 40K ? or  at 2 years mark?

1 hour ago, WONWON said:

I know It's 6 months or every 10K. But  what if mileage is low,  how does Kah determine when to do major servicing?  Still at 40K ? or  at 2 years mark?

I believe its 2 year mark.  For AD.  Cos from experience with  KMC, not KM, it's based on a schedule. 

If you go for outside workshop its then up to you.  Can do major servicing ever half a year also if you got cash to burn.

On 12/9/2019 at 10:17 AM, WONWON said:

Major can do at every 40K

But change brake fluid if it becomes dark or you feel the brakes are more spongy

↡ Advertisement