Honda Owners..... Pls Check In..

Redz

2 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

I didnt rewrap the steering leather, the dealer did up the entire car before it was put up sale. That including changing all the seats to new leather seats, change the roof lining and rewrap the steering leather. Yes im loving the car so much so far. Going Malaysia tomorrow  afternoon for a few days can open throttle on NSHW haha

glad you enjoy ur new ride. happy holidays bro. drive safe.

↡ Advertisement

15 hours ago, StreamRSZ said:

glad you enjoy ur new ride. happy holidays bro. drive safe.

yupx yupx. Thank you. Wont chiong too much because not too sure about the tyres grip especially the back tyres ( front 2 is pirelli cinturato p7 ( changed by dealer), back 2 is yokohama blue earth AE50 tyres from previous owner) 

In kL now left Singapore around 230pm. Reached KL Hotel around 7pm. Stopped a few times along the way to rest. A lot of traffic on the NSHW hard to open throttle fully for long. Mostly cruising around 140km plus/h. When going  above 170km/h road and wind noise increases and becomes very apparent.  Max speed reached was 180plus km/h for very short while only. Don’t dare go faster than that.  Fuel economy definitely not good when going at high speed 😆. Used up 3/4 tank of fuel  before pumping tank at KL outskirts.

Edited by Confusedboi

11 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

In kL now left Singapore around 230pm. Reached KL Hotel around 7pm. Stopped a few times along the way to rest. A lot of traffic on the NSHW hard to open throttle fully for long. Mostly cruising around 140km plus/h. When going  above 170km/h road and wind noise increases and becomes very apparent.  Max speed reached was 180plus km/h for very short while only. Don’t dare go faster than that.  Fuel economy definitely not good when going at high speed 😆. Used up 3/4 tank of fuel  before pumping tank at KL outskirts.

highway driving should have good FC. why your FC is no good? City driving start stop than the FC will be bad. at what RPM did you drive at NSHW?

Edited by StreamRSZ

1 hour ago, StreamRSZ said:

highway driving should have good FC. why your FC is no good? City driving start stop than the FC will be bad. at what RPM did you drive at NSHW?

Hm mostly around 2.5-3k rpm, for a while was using sports mode and noticed that the engine maintained 4K rpm while cruising maybe that’s why fuel drained faster 😆. Along the way had to slow down a lot due to traffic then speed up again maybe that’s why also. Actually for the amount of power the engine has I can’t complain too much especially when I want to floor it. Considered not too bad for 2 liter NA engine 

1 hour ago, Confusedboi said:

Hm mostly around 2.5-3k rpm, for a while was using sports mode and noticed that the engine maintained 4K rpm while cruising maybe that’s why fuel drained faster 😆. Along the way had to slow down a lot due to traffic then speed up again maybe that’s why also. Actually for the amount of power the engine has I can’t complain too much especially when I want to floor it. Considered not too bad for 2 liter NA engine 

u use S mode confirm more FC consumed. if normal D mode driving than FC should be good. You can try it when you are on the way back to Sg with D mode driving.

On 12/26/2019 at 11:40 AM, StreamRSZ said:

u use S mode confirm more FC consumed. if normal D mode driving than FC should be good. You can try it when you are on the way back to Sg with D mode driving.

Yupx okay. Yesterday went up to genting in the afternoon and back to kL at night  and used Sport mode mostly to keep the car moving. Confirmed burning more fuel when In S mode. 

53 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

Yupx okay. Yesterday went up to genting in the afternoon and back to kL at night  and used Sport mode mostly to keep the car moving. Confirmed burning more fuel when In S mode. 

yes. S mode is fun along with padal shiftters.

• Haha! 1

On 12/24/2019 at 4:03 PM, Calibretto said:

Hi everyone,

Can i ask if KM provide the service such as pumping nitrogen to tyres?

According to a friend, this is usually free outside workshop if you change tyres with them. Currently i'm still within the warranty and service package from KM (1st servicing not long ago, waiting for 10k to rotate tyres).

If i ask them to rotate and pump nitrogen, will it be out of the svc package and they will charged me?

Thanks for any tips!

KM will rotate tyres provided you haven't changed them to aftermarket wheels.  It's part of their standard servicing, unless you request not to do it. 

They won't pump nitrogen.  Don't even know if they have the facility. If you go to any other tyre shop, they do it for you for under $20.

Back to sg this afternoon after spending one night at geylang petah after coming down from KL yesterday afternoon, no more spirited driving back to slow and chillax driving. Saw this licence plate on a Veilfire, very nice at tuas 2nd link.

IMG_5716.jpg

hi . Just wonder what is your service interval for those driving Turbocharged cars ? Mine is 2 yo Honda Jade. My oil life is less than 6000km (and less than 6mth) Is this normal ? I don’t activate the turbo regularly...  Thanks 

8 hours ago, Dreamcar75 said:

hi . Just wonder what is your service interval for those driving Turbocharged cars ? Mine is 2 yo Honda Jade. My oil life is less than 6000km (and less than 6mth) Is this normal ? I don’t activate the turbo regularly...  Thanks 

check your owner's manual. the manual should have information on the service interval.

11 hours ago, Dreamcar75 said:

It depends on how you drive, where you drive (city, express-way) etc. There isn't a right answer. I know typically the oil lifespan for SG cars is lower than the the service manual due to the weather. As a point of reference, I typically need to do servicing every 6k-7k km in my 1.5T CRV. I would just trust the computer in the car. It is best at determining your service period. 

By the way, how do you "not activate" the turbo regularly? It's an always on device. It's just how much exhaust pressure you're putting through the turbo. If you have a boost pressure gauge, or waste gate gauge, you'll see the turbo pressure will always change during accelerate, indicating "activating" of the turbo. 

As far as I know there isn't a mainstream car out there that has a turbo button like your old 486 computer. 

3 hours ago, StreamRSZ said:

check your owner's manual. the manual should have information on the service interval.

When someone asks a question like that... it probably means the owner doesn't want to follow the guidelines and wants to save a little $$... 😉

Today in the afternoon i went to guan lee tyres at Kaki bukit near Ubi to get my tyres checked based on experience going up and down  NSHW  at the end of december . Felt some juddering when braking hard at high speed felt like front tyres were gripping more than the rear tyres. 

True enough the rear 2 yokohoma bluearth tryes thread wear indicator left 30% only and was advised to change, there was a small nail stuck in one of the rear tyres as well luckily didnt puncture the tyre.

The front 2 pirelli cinturato p7 thread wear left about 40% and i decided to change all 4 old used tyres which came with the car when i bought it to 4 new cinturato p7 at 110 SGD per tyre size ( 205/55/16)  Total damage 440 SGD for a piece of mind plus new " shoes" for chinese new year.

Big shout out to the boss ( one man operations) at the shop for his services. Highly recommended if you are looking for new tyres though his ready stock is mainly pirelli, toyo plus yokohama tyres.

Edited by Confusedboi

On 1/18/2020 at 7:58 PM, Confusedboi said:

Today in the afternoon i went to guan lee tyres at Kaki bukit near Ubi to get my tyres checked based on experience going up and down  NSHW  at the end of december . Felt some juddering when braking hard at high speed felt like front tyres were gripping more than the rear tyres. 

True enough the rear 2 yokohoma bluearth tryes thread wear indicator left 30% only and was advised to change, there was a small nail stuck in one of the rear tyres as well luckily didnt puncture the tyre.

The front 2 pirelli cinturato p7 thread wear left about 40% and i decided to change all 4 old used tyres which came with the car when i bought it to 4 new cinturato p7 at 110 SGD per tyre size ( 205/55/16)  Total damage 440 SGD for a piece of mind plus new " shoes" for chinese new year.

Big shout out to the boss ( one man operations) at the shop for his services. Highly recommended if you are looking for new tyres though his ready stock is mainly pirelli, toyo plus yokohama tyres.

Lucky all was ok on your NSHW run.. should have gotten your tyres checked before that long distance drive!  but anyway, enjoy your ride!

On 1/16/2020 at 10:13 AM, GTO-1 said:

It depends on how you drive, where you drive (city, express-way) etc. There isn't a right answer. I know typically the oil lifespan for SG cars is lower than the the service manual due to the weather. As a point of reference, I typically need to do servicing every 6k-7k km in my 1.5T CRV. I would just trust the computer in the car. It is best at determining your service period. 

By the way, how do you "not activate" the turbo regularly? It's an always on device. It's just how much exhaust pressure you're putting through the turbo. If you have a boost pressure gauge, or waste gate gauge, you'll see the turbo pressure will always change during accelerate, indicating "activating" of the turbo. 

As far as I know there isn't a mainstream car out there that has a turbo button like your old 486 computer. 

Thanks for sharing your experience. I always thought it’s a standard 10k or 6mths as the sale executive advised. But it is clear that tc engine has shorter oil life than NA engine car if based on the car’s meter... I’m mostly in city driving and under hot sun, which I suppose reduce the engine oil life.

p/s. Sorry for my mis leading statement , I don’t deactivate the turbo, just being light footed .

3 hours ago, Dreamcar75 said:

Thanks for sharing your experience. I always thought it’s a standard 10k or 6mths as the sale executive advised. But it is clear that tc engine has shorter oil life than NA engine car if based on the car’s meter... I’m mostly in city driving and under hot sun, which I suppose reduce the engine oil life.

p/s. Sorry for my mis leading statement , I don’t deactivate the turbo, just being light footed .

you driving honda jade? so far how is this car? i may consider buying this car in 2 yrs time after my stream due for scrap. any reviews about this car and issues are welcomed.

↡ Advertisement