Supercharged

Roodi

Neutral Newbie

I HAVE DONE A SUPERCHARGE CONVERSION ON THE PROTON SATRIA GTi WITH WATER INJECTION,OMEX ECU,CAT BACK EXHAUST,PIPERCROSS VIPER COLD AIR INTAKE AND COLDER PLUGS .IT NOW HAS BEEN SUGGESTED THAT I HAVE THE ENGINE DECOMPRESSIONED COS I HAVE STILL GOT PINKING AS IT IS STILL RUNNING AT 10.5/1 RATIO .THE CHARGER IS RUNNING AT ABOUT 8PSI.HAS ANYONE GOT ANY INFO ON WHATS THE BEST COMP RATIO TO GO DOWN TO [:|]

Edited by Admin
↡ Advertisement

Did you adjust your fuel pressure upwards to cope with the boost? You might also consider getting upgraded fuel injectors.

You could start with 9.5:1 for your compression ratio.

Good luck.

Edited by Admin

Neutral Newbie

YES I GOT A WEBER FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR WHICH GIVES ENOUGH FUEL THROUGH THE STANDARD INJECTORS.

THE COMP RATIOS I CAN HAVE ARE AS FOLLOWS

9.65/1

9.4/1

9.2/1

8.8/1

8.5/1`

8.2/1

WOULD IT BE ALRIGHT TO GO FOR THE 9.2/1 OR WOULD I LOSE POWER

CHEERS

What is the peak boost from your supercharger?

If it is 8psi, 9.2/1 is a good starting point and near the thoerectical optimum boost.

A high compression ratio actually limits the amount of boost u can run and may lead to detonation problems.

Hi Roodi,

Welcome to MCF ! Do enjoy your time here and come along for our weekly Friday evening meetups ! More details in the MEETUPS folder. nod.gif

For other automotive and contacts info, do check out the RESOURCES folder and the TIPS & TECHNICAL RESOURCES folder.

You might also want to take a look at our FORUM GUIDELINES in MCF. It also states that users do not post in CAPS as that equates to shouting online.

Cheers tongue.gif

Neutral Newbie

Its running about 8psi now. Even though i have got the air intake temp sorted the engine is still threatening to det. I dont know if i will get any more boost or not so i think the only way to go now is the decomp plate at 9.2/1.I have still got some ignition to advance if wanted but cant do yet cos of det probs [:/]

Is de-cating supposed to make a difference cos i had a de-cat pipe put on and i reckon it slowed it down [thumbsdown]

Hi,

On our stock Saabs, the standard boost is set at 0.45 bar or 6.525 psi. The compression ratio is 9.3/1. So if you are running the full 8 psi of boost at peak, then 9.2/1.1 is not at all conversative, it may indeed be on a knife-edge [sly]

Our climate in Singapore is also very hot compared to Japan and Europe so the higher compression ratios achievable there at a comparable level of boost should not be replicated here [sly]

If indeed you are getting the full 8 psi, then perhaps u must consider going down on the compression ratio. Infact to be safe perhaps u should start looking below 9.0/1.

↡ Advertisement