REX E-brake at >200KM/Hr til back lifted

Kooler

Neutral Newbie

My frd witness a stunt whereby a Rex E-braked when travelling in excess of 200km/HR in a deserted Malaysian road.The Rex screeeched to a stop with the 2 rear tires lifting up to approx above knee to waist level.Apparently this was done in purpose as the driver was a rich SOB with money to throw.

Wat I'll like to know is that is it possible to e-brake til a car's rear end come up.

As apparently I had told another guy frd abt the incident and he swore that it's not possible as the car would have simply skidded sideways or spin etc and told me he's 100% sure it cannot be done and I'll be the joke in town to tell ppl abt wat happ though I tend to disagree with wat he had said

I mean stopping from 200KM/hr,where is the momentum and inertia force going to go right?

↡ Advertisement

If the brakes r applied only on the 2 front wheels, its very possible.

But if the brakes r applied on all 4 wheels, then I doubt the rear end will come up.

I tried it on my bicycle on off road at 30kmh. Jam front brake only, my whole body n bicycle surge forward with rear end lifted high up. Jam both front n rear brakes, the bicycle skided forward without the rear end lifted. Jam the rear brakes only, the front never lift up, instead the steering became very wobbly!!

its possible if the front brakes has much more torque as compared to the rear...this brake balance can be adjusted...eg: changing to a MUCH BIGGER brakes in front or adjusting the brake force between the front & rear will do the trick!!!! [sweatdrop][nod]

Neutral Newbie

I know the theory behind doing wheel lifts using bicycles or bikes whereby you simply brake on 1 wheel and push or pull on the handlebars,stands whatsoever

Of cos I'm toking abt 4 brakes being applied to the 4 wheels.It's quite logical what.When the car comes to a complete stop from 200KM/hr I mean definately the huge force has to go somewhere right,it's just like when making a sharp turn,the centrifugal forces will push you in the other direction right?

Dun you notice when when driving at normal 100KM/hr and you brake pretty hard,the front will sink and the rear of your car will be jacked up quite a bit?

Neutral Newbie

well, if u notice, the front wheels is slightly bigger than the rear wheels and in sports rims too whereas the rear wheels are steel ones.......n definitely modified that's why it can do a donut spin...if u noticed all the braking is 70% powered by the front wheel.....dizzy.gif

My frd witness a stunt whereby a Rex E-braked when travelling in excess of 200km/HR in a deserted Malaysian road.The Rex screeeched to a stop with the 2 rear tires lifting up to approx above knee to waist level.Apparently this was done in purpose as the driver was a rich SOB with money to throw.

Wat I'll like to know is that is it possible to e-brake til a car's rear end come up.

As apparently I had told another guy frd abt the incident and he swore that it's not possible as the car would have simply skidded sideways or spin etc and told me he's 100% sure it cannot be done and I'll be the joke in town to tell ppl abt wat happ though I tend to disagree with wat he had said

I mean stopping from 200KM/hr,where is the momentum and inertia force going to go right?

I don't think it's possible... cos if the rear can come up to knee to waist level.. the front would have hit the road liao... also... what kind of road can have so much traction? If it's a motorcycle.. it's possible... car... I believe the tyres would have skidded liao... cos the force is just too great...

Just my personal opinion.... [sweatdrop]

Ok.. let say he did... but if the rear reaches knee to waist level.... the front of the car would have hit the road liao also what... right? use your brain lah.... [laugh][laugh]

Neutral Newbie

ok...the solution if the situation is true.....use snow tyres, ask bangla to sweep the road, take out front bumper, use jack to jack up the car rear until knee high....alamakz....actually i oso dun believe this story...y am i disputing wif u...laugh.gif...next time must ask everyone not to post this kind of tok kok story...otherwise cannot refrain ppl from toking kok.....laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

bro, i think the other way....based on the inertia forces and the way he handle the car....it is possible, plus u say that he is a rich guy.....

reason is that, it will be false if he merely apply footbrake....impossible....cos the braking force is almost equally distributed even though the front caliper might be bigger than the rear.....

however, should he downshift to a LOW gear.....then it is possible...because he is shifting all the weight back to the rear and front....that will need a combination of downshift plus brake.....imagine at 200km/hr....i suppose it would be at about 5th/6th gear liao....and the moment he dump his clutch down to 2nd gear and plus superb braking.....all the forces will be diverted to the front liao...then that's where the car start to go up liao....but mind u, this is a very very dangerous and expensive stunt....too much inertia forces will cause the car go turtle and as well as fry your gearbox...... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop] ....

just my theory....pls do comments.... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement