Why tail light keeps failing.........

Super7

One of my tail light keeps failing ie blown up........ the car is a 99 model, so it's not that old, but every time i got to fork out $7++ to replace the bulb????? (free labour)..... (btw, the mechanic says that's the price for the 'correct spec' bulb, i tot it's damn ex.... or it's normal to cost that much juz for a bulb...???) [:/]

Help... [;)]

↡ Advertisement

Check the other lights around the same circuit where the bulb always go, could be another short circuit that is burning up the bulb. Also a bulb the most only $1.50, how can charge $7 a change? U kena [knife] liao [furious]

My previous Volvo 240GLE (old man tank [:p] ) also keeps burning a brake lamp due to water entering the lens....so bought a dozen bulbs for $15 and kept changing them every time there's a downpour. Not bad compared to $200+ for a new lens assembly, till we sold the car I still got 4 bulbs left [laugh]

Most likely due to a short-circuit.wink.gif Check the wires leading to the bulb holder & also for any sign of arching on the bulb holder itself. Clean it with a contact cleaner wink.gif

$7++ too ex for a bulb, if it's only a single filament should be around $0.50 to $1.50, dual filament $1.00 to $2.50 wink.gif

i think TB is quite correct when he said u kana [knife] liao... i just went yesterday to my regular shop along rangoon road and bought a few standby bulbs for about 50 cts and $1 each. But in this case got to DIY if any bulbs blown.

Had a colleague who also encountered the same prob on his right brake light on his Mit Lancer... that specific brake light would be perpetually blown every couple of months... heard him saying that it was supposed to be some fuse or wiring prob... get your mechanic to check it for u the next time u do your servicing (FOC, since he has been overcharging u all this while [laugh] )

The labour is in your $7 bulb! Next time you have a blown bulb, come to see me. I charge $5 oni! Will make kopi for you too! [sly][laugh][laugh] I always carry spare bulbs with me for emergency use.

Thanks guys!!!!............ wah, [knife][furious][furious] that f@#$ing workshop........... i am definitely going back there (only a short walk from home) and get my $$$ back........ strangely, my previous Honda also had same problem and i also kept a dozen of cheap cheap bulbs and change it myself: 15 years ago.......... now older but lazier and dumber [:/][:/][bigcry][bigcry][bigcry] ...........

cheers [nod]

aiya, that day (3 months ago) i was there to change engine oil n general check up... (using my own oil somemore).... i did ask $7 for what??..... he said for bulb only [:/][:/] .... i think he tried to recover some $$$ from not being able to earn it from engine oil.....

anyway, i am walking there this Sat and tell him off........... but last few weeks i borrowed their 'permanent jack' to check my under carriage and a few small chores foc from them..... on 2nd thought maybe better keep the relationship and be wiser next time.... [:p][:p]

cheers [nod]

".......... I charge $5 oni!........."

$4.88 can ornot???.......... see, how miser i can be [bounce2][bounce1][laugh][laugh] ......... can also clean up the socket ornot???

You ought to kick yourself on the backside! [sly] You mean you actually change bulbs yourself last time? Well, maybe you are richer now and let others do the dirty work for you.................. [sly][laugh][laugh][laugh]

hehehe........ instead i will change his bulbs which are tangling between his legs, i will juz pluck them out and throw them into the parts bin............. [laugh][laugh][bounce2][bounce1]

dun know leh....???..... rich certainly not, but lazy, it's for sure.......... hey you doctor mah: has age got anything to do will getting slacker each year????.... [crazy][rolleyes][dizzy]

cheers [nod]

(edited)

wah, like tat i kenna kortok again.......... maybe an old fashion (ie not out to make quick buck..) mech will charge me only 99 cents..... [rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes]

born loser me........... [:/][bigcry][bigcry]

Edited by Super7

>>has age got anything to do will getting slacker each year

It's all in the mind. However there will certainly come a time when the mind is keen but the flesh is not willing! [laugh][laugh][laugh]

hey, me changed eng oil, filter, etc etc when young and energetic........ now very slacked liao........... [:/][:/] .... you think Vigra helps???? [laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement