Northern Expedition Field Report

Darkroad

Neutral Newbie

4.30am on a cool, damp November morning and its cold and dark, and I reach out to punch the button on my alarm clock to cut off the buzz and I stretch a bit, shivered a little as I get out of bed and into the bathroom for a splash of cold water and it hits my face like a sheet of small sharp needles, bam! and I wake up a little more, curse a little more and I ask for coffee, make it strong

Edited by Darkroad
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

wah... very hard to read.... hehe... tiring for eyes...

can you space-out/paragraph part 2 (if any)?... hehehe

Edited by Perry

yo dark

had to copy and paste, increase line space to read comfortably....it was a well written episode...what about KL and return leg FR...so did you find the exit to Second link on your way back?

cheers

Nice twists and transitions....this is almost poetry...

Could you post this on Autospeed as well....let's see the current residents' reaction...

maybe Mr SPH (Kevin Goh) would offer you a contract for posting your future trips [thumbsup]

Now to the problem of incomplete punctutation....

because my screen resolution is at 1400x1050, I can see almost everything on 1 screen, and this is like 10 pages worth, so my screensaver kicked in 3 times.... that's how engrossed I was...didn't even touch my mouse/trackpad or keyboard.

[thumbsup] Well done bro....best story I've read all year... [thumbsup]

You remind me a little of Tom Clancy, Jeffrey Archer and Adrian Tan at the same time...an interesting ... [laugh] Some suspense, thriller and local humour... are you going to share some...ahem intimate moments too... [sly] ......with the car I mean... [laugh]

Hi Eric....talk about jumping the gun....you ask about KL...and after that .

...He's only covered the 1st 2 hours of his trip at this moment.....let him finish the drive up. [:|]

I can see 5 Chapters to this "DarkRoad Story" [nod]

Edited by Presea

Neutral Newbie

Great write!!! Written like a true motorist. One of the great things about "having" (as opposed to just "owning") a car, is that it/she/he (which becomes so much a part of the family) ENABLES.

The whole trip becomes the journey plus the destination. Its not just about being there, but also about getting there. The experience (enabled by the car) becomes whole.

Thoroughly enjoy your 'write' as much as we enjoyed your 'ride'. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Great reading! Haven't read a novel for ages and almost forgot how it feels like to be in the author's shoes, doing and experiencing what the trip has done for u and your ride. [nod]

Kindda sweated when I read about Mr Wira and Mr Porsche and wondering if they could be the bad guys who became good guys... another conspiracy theory looms in my head but better banish it and get back to my posting. [lipsrsealed]

Looking forward to reading your field report part two! [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Hi fellas!

Thanks for the positive feedback; I only managed to write the FR last nite; had a ton of work waiting for me at the office yesterday and my home internet connection was down mad.gif Will try to do Part 2 later today.

Sorry about the sizing and paragraphing, for some reasons I can't select font size 11 so I settled for 10 which does seem small; as for the paragraphs, I guess I just want to give my narration a certain 'as is' fluidity.

And yes, as you would have guessed it by now, I enjoyed the trip. Many thanks to you guys for your tips and suggestions thumbsup.gif

Darkroad is glad to do a write-up where he does not need to input next quater's economic data, Profit Before Tax figures and give a Budget Variance explanation ...

Some possible responses..

Next quarter's economic data

Frankly speaking Mr Boss, times are tough. I was in the bank the other day, and noticed that my 7 figure balance has now dropped to 6 figures only. There goes my 30 day round the world holiday and that new porsche that I was eyeing. Also looks like those gold plated taps for my bathroom has to wait. So all I can say right now is that unless things improve around here, I am gonna lose my VIP status with the bank, and I really hate for that to happen.

Profit Before Tax figures

I know it looks bad. But actually to be fair to me, we did make a profit. Only thing was, last night I took my girlfriend out and we spent it on dinner and a new pair of shoes.

Budget Variance explanation

Why the budget varied can be due to varying reasons. Firstly, the economic outlook was so varied, some were bullish and some were bearish. I just followed the animal instinct in me and cheong. Unfortunately, my people were not aware that I was cheonging.. so they were kooning.. so thats why I spent more than I made. Ah..BTW will you be giving me an increment this year huh ? I hear in the news lately about CEOs who get millions in bonuses. Of course, I don't expect the same. 1 million will do fine.

[laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Hi Darkroad,

Breathless and bowled over. Breathless because there was no opportunity to stop and bowled over because you were inimitable. Great style. Chief Sitting Bull would have approved. Two thumbs up. [thumbsup][thumbsup]

I went the same way ( started off in JB ) the same day but mine was just a 'walk in the park'.

Glad you enjoyed your vroom. [nod]

Neutral Newbie

DarkRoad. Please don't apologise nor pressure yourself to write Part 2. Especially enjoyed your prose (fluidity) and spontaneity, which made your piece so inspired and captivating. Some even commented that they felt right alongside with you...

Sure, we can't wait for the next installment, but, do take your time... (doesn't hurt to make the rest of us wait with anticipation!!!) nod.gif

Neutral Newbie

Tks for the vote of confidence, DL thumbsup.gif Image of a black Presea crossed my mind a few times enroute wink.gif Hey, we gotta do the trip together in Jan, ya.

Errh, not sure about posting my script over at AutoSpeed - very scared of the flaming there leh lipsrsealed.gif

Have a good evening, bro!

Darkroad doesn't like to play with fire ...

Neutral Newbie

Ben,

If only you are my COO ... smile.gif

Darkroad thinks the recession has overstayed and it is beginning to smell real bad ...

the january trip is already in the pipeline,....rainbowsix is the chief organiser....

thinking of a trip to Mersing....maybe KL as well.... not sure if you want to go back there so soon... [:/]

↡ Advertisement