A new tire size calculator

Genie47

Neutral Newbie

Can't post new, so bo pian but to post my stupid question here cos no where else 2 turn to:

My Sylphy 2.0 was factory fitted with Bridgestone 195/60 R16 tires, but I am not able to find any brands of tires in Singapore that offer this exact size. Not even Bridgestone.

When the Bridgestone dealer called the Bridgestone Singapore to check on my behalf, they replied that beside my car and another Renault uses this size. Therefore, it makes no economical sense to import this size into Singapore.

Most shops recommend me to change to 205/55 R16.

I am not too sure about the new size cos I prefer to use the original size of tires fitted from the factory (else why they had chosen this size). Is it safe to change to the new size or what other alternative I can try / have??? And if it is Ok to change to this size, what will be the impact - fuel consumption, safety and etc???

Hopefully some kind soul can help me on this matter.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Normally its like this

Stock-185/60-14

If u wanna to upgrade 1 inch w/o compromising the FC and chances of hitting the fender the right size is 195/50-15 if 16 ich 205/45-16,Anything else will consider your FC got chances high.For MPV,If the stock is 195/65-15 normally shop will advice to use 205/55-16 and 17inch is 215/45/17 but once you hit a small pothole then [sweatdrop]

Edited by Mustang
  • Praise 1

I am new here to find info abt tyres. Thanks for the great info.

I want to change my 175/60/15 tyres. They are pretty wear out and I think they are the cause of my minor accident. I couldn't brake on time and hit the back of another car. Although minor scratches and slight dent, the other party is claiming against me :(.

I am thinking of changing to tyres (and rims perhaps) of another spec, can anyone advise me which specs can be used? Thanks for your help here guys!

• Praise 1

I am new here to find info abt tyres. Thanks for the great info.

I want to change my 175/60/15 tyres. They are pretty wear out and I think they are the cause of my minor accident. I couldn't brake on time and hit the back of another car. Although minor scratches and slight dent, the other party is claiming against me :(.

I am thinking of changing to tyres (and rims perhaps) of another spec, can anyone advise me which specs can be used? Thanks for your help here guys!

15' tyres with 175 width, is really small. my advise is to upgrade to 185.55.15 a more common size then 175.60.15 .

there is more contact with the road also .

as for upgrading to bigger size rims, i cannot give much advise cos i dun know what car u driving, if by any change u driving a honda fit, then there is many option.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

my vios using 185/60/15 when full lock turuing my car will have sound. issit to much for my ride??

When full turn...

my bros Vios, SFZ plate... 195 already will touch fender... but he on coilovers...

but my friends sunny N16 original is 185, with coilovers 205 also never touch fender... probably sunny turning radius less i think.

Edited by Nemozai
  • Praise 1

i feel that the slphy is already and oversized car...

so use oversized rims/tyres is good, better grip and stability. choose expensive ultra light ones... so wont affect performance too much...

:D

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

hi check the label at the side of your car, should have some other alternative if not it does not make sense as tyres are wear n tear item after a certain period of time.

• Praise 1

i just want to ask (as cant psot new threads for now..) =)

is it a MUST to have 1 spare tyre in boot of car?? not possible to keep it at another storage place ie. storeroom? its mainl to save FC.. thks

• Praise 1