Traffic lights @ GE Bldg

Ug__

Neutral Newbie

Hi ya...

Was today following a red octavia (with mycar forum decal)at the traffic light near the Great Eastern building. We were at the outer right turning lane, when a stupid car on the left instead of turning just drove straight. He nearly caused an accident. [thumbsdown]

I am the guy driving the black passat behind you [nod]

Anyway, just drop a note to say hi [:)]

UG

↡ Advertisement

Hi UG,

It's me, Octaviafan, and glad to meet another MCFer on the roads. [:)]

Yes, the guy in the white Opel Astra estate SCF xxxx was a real prick! I was absolutely furious. [mad] I had my indicator light on to signal my intention and yet the prick totally ignored it and nearly caused an accident. We were stationary for such a long time and he could clearly see that what he was going to do was extremely dangerous.

Now on a lighter note, at the traffic light just before the incident occurred, I was actually admiring your passat's xenon lights and I was telling my wife that I wished the octavia came with these type of lights. It would be real cool!! I believe you had your front bumper changed too right. Overall, your Passat is very nicely done. [thumbsup]

Hope to meet you again sometime soon. [;)]

Regards.

hi guys,

I am 'sniffing' around to look for good 2nd Passat 1.8T or Octavia 1,8T (yeah, i know they belong to diff classes, in some ways) and would like to hear from you guys the likes and dislikes (if any at all) and what to look out for buying used....

I am keen for low-mid end accelerations (coz lots of town driving) and not so much for out n out top speed or high end rush.......... handling-wise, i guess both are competent while quite close to the level of the 3 series or 156 etc, i could be wrong, please pardon my ignorance...... do pm me if you think you should....

Many thanks in advance for your advice....

cheers [nod]

Neutral Newbie

Hi Octaviafan,

Bumper didn't changed, just added a front lip on it and thanks for the complements [:)]

Maybe for the Xenon, there are conversion kit for your Octy. Need to scour the web to find...if I come across I will inform you [nod]

One thing your red octy sure is eye catching...must be putting a lot of polishing work on her [thumbsup]

As for the prick driving the white opel...he should be [rifle]

UG

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

The Passat and Octy 1.8T is really diff class. The Octy 1.8T is manual...sure have more potential in modding. I saw a octy 1.8T flying pass me near clementi....

Anyway, as for VW cars...all got character lah...sometimes like to rattle. Talk to any VW owners and rattling will be a topic. I guess just need some tender loving care to weed out the rattles.

Stock VW 1.8T is quite ok...but if possible, chipped it...more low end torque. Stock suspension needs to go...very floaty feeling.

UG

Edited by Ug__

Hi 7,

If you are looking for the VW 1.8T engine, then you might also want to extend your search to Audi A4 and I think Audi TT. Of course the TT may not be such a practical car for day to day running around. Good luck [thumbsup] .

Hi UG,

At a glance, your front bumper looked different. Well I guess the front lip made all the difference right [thumbsup].

Thanks for the compliment too, and honestly, I haven't waxed it yet. All I do is give it the normal wash on weekends.

It's fortunate that my reflexes are still pretty quick, otherwise, my car could be in the workshop now. [:p] If I see that prick again, he is going to get this [knife] .

Anyway, thanks for sharing your concern for a fellow road user and MCFer. [:)]

I want a A4, if not a TT......... but my wallet gets angry with me for even harbouring such a thought.... [bigcry][bigcry] ..... and my teenage sons will have another excuse not to go out with mom and dad in the back seats..... [:/][:/]

Edited by Super7

lock yur house's main doors and remove battery from your car tonite, i am going to rob some homes tonite and go buy the TT plus A4 first thing tomorrow...........

shhhhshhhhhh, i said rob homes, so the police will be busy guarding all the homes, and the Audi showroom will be very easy for me lah............ [laugh][laugh][laugh]