Versions of Accord?

Ravinged

Hi folks,

I'm starting to get confused ... how many versions of Honda Accord do we have now? And what's available in each one? Really really confusing ... or rather I am being confused by some people.

Ed

↡ Advertisement

I think there's the KM 2.4 and 3 litre version that's made in Thailand. Then there's the JDM 2, 3 litre (I think!) and Euro R version available at the parallel importers. Biggest differentiator is the looks between the KM and JDM versions. I will let the other bros who are more of an expert in Honda to give you the in-depth run downs! [laugh]

the JDM accord is either 2.0L or 2.4L...if im nt wrong the 2.0L generates 160hp whereas the 2.4L produce 180hp....of cz not forgetting the euro R which produces 220hp [thumbsup]

What about transmission? Manual and Auto for which version of Accord? I do know Euro-R comes with 6-speed manual transmission ... what about the rest?

Ed

Neutral Newbie

Hi Ravinged

There are 2 versions of the current Accord being sold currently in Singapore. [:)]

The version that's being marketed by the local Honda dealer (ie. KM) is the US version, also known as the CM5, that's available either as a 160bhp 2.4 or 200bhp 3.0 litre model. Both comes only with a 5-speed automatic transmission.

The version that's offered by the various parallel importers in Singapore is the JDM version, also known as the CL7/CL9, which is available either as a 2.0 or 2.4 litre model. The 2.0 litre model is available as a 155bhp 2.0E or a 220bhp 2.0 Euro-R. The 2.4 litre model comes with 200bhp. Apart from the Euro-R which comes only with a 6-speed manual transmission, the other JDM versions of the Accord is available with the 5-speed automatic transmission with +/-steptronic function.

Externally, the JDM Accord is shorter and sportier looking than the US Accord. However, this means less legroom for rear seat passengers. The JDM Accord also comes with HID headlights vs the normal halogen headlights on the US Accord. However, I understand that the HID headlights on the JDM Accord has now become a S$1K option for cars manufactured for Year 2005. The JDM Accord also sports wing mirrors indicators.

Interior wise, the shape and layout of the dashboard are the same for both versions of the Accord. Only thing is the US version of the Accord sold by KM comes with a front-loading 6 disc CD changer while the JDM Accord's is only a single CD. [:/] Also, the JDM Accord's headunit is unable to display the correct local radio station frequencies (eg. Class 95 shows as either 83.0 or 85.0 on the headunit when tuned, depending on the FM modulator used is a 10MHz or 12MHz one).

Hope the above helps to clear up any queries you have on the Accords being sold currently in the local market. [;)]

Thanks for the comprehensive explanation. A much clearer picture now for a blur me.

But I read somewhere in the papers, an article was done on a white CL7 with 6-speed manual transmission and I remembered clearly they mentioned it was a 2L one. But now you're telling me CL7/CL9 comes with Auto Transmission and steptronic. Any clarifications?

Ed

Neutral Newbie

Hi Johnchong,

Have checked and understand that the 3.0L US version of the Accord puts out 220bhp and not 240bhp. [;)]

I'm sure you'll enjoy the power of it if your Dad does indeed get the 3.0L US version of the Accord as his next car...... [nod][sly]

Neutral Newbie

As Seansene has pointed out, the white CL7 JDM Accord with the 6-speed manual transmission should be the Euro-R, with 220bhp from a 2.0L i-VTEC engine. [nod]

As far as I know, there is no manual transmission version of the CL7 2.0E (non Euro-R version) available from the PIs locally. When I checked with them previously, I was informed that a manual CL7 2.0E (non Euro-R version) will need to go through LTA inspection and the cost of doing so does not justify the case for bringing in the manual CL7 2.0E, except for the 2.0 Euro-R. [:/]

Hope that clears up your doubts/confusion. [:)]

↡ Advertisement