Used Oil Analysis Results: Carlube Triple R 5W40

Genie47

It is finally here!

See the attached .pdf file!

Only if you are really interested, I can PM you Terry's comments. He doesn't want it public.

My personal comments. TBN is at 5.0 and this is oil is sampled at 8k. So it does have some life left. It looks a little better than the one by the Corolla. This could be due to my mild driving style I strive for. I would say, it can last 10k if you are a pretty mild driver. If the Corolla driver is a mild driver, I must say the 1ZZ-FE engine is pretty hard on oil shocked.gif.

The oil still sheared down from a 40wt. 40wt should be 12.5 to 16.5 Cst.

Should work well for the 1.4L DOHC Aveo engines up to 10k. Up to 12k if you dare. Still pretty good for a cheap oil. Go get it if you drive a similar engined Aveo like me.

Disclaimer: This UOA is the wear analysis for my car which is a 1.4L DOHC Aveo. It is a result of my driving style as well. In no way should it be applied to your engine.

87128_NGEE1_E140-34251-1543.PDF

Edited by Genie47
↡ Advertisement

Send to US. Actually looking at the results. With such mild driving style and the TBN at 5.0 when the oil reached 8k. I think this oil can stretch to 16k (10k miles) of which by then the oil confirm 100% spent! dead.gif

Please note hor! I clock highway miles. If you do 5km short trips everyday, confirm the oil die very fast.

Edited by Genie47

hehe....i also do more highway mileage.....

keke..this sets my mind at ease, at least can tahan with the cxx xxxe first..

later then try the RP that u suggested....

For your car confirm can go 16k in stock filter. Why? Ford engines can take 20wt oil! So you don't care if the oil shears down to 30wt, can still take it mah! Drive on and the oil shears further to 20wt also can still take it. laugh.gif

I think by then TBN become 1.0 sweatdrop.gif Better zhun zhun change or else dead.gif.

Most likely yes if you driving style is very mild. Change at 10k is a waste. But hard to keep track lah! Imagine remembering 16k, 32k,..... dizzy.gif

Maybe play safe. 15k, 30k, 45k.......

I read the whole pdf and all it shows is the "amount" of each element....

What does that mean?

Can translate into something more layman? I am not a chemist and I dunno what is the report trying to say.

Neutral Newbie

you mild driver? sweatdrop.gif then i mouse driver liao.

based on your experience, i think i should switch back to CLTR and go for 10k change interval. am currently using RP10w30 and the FC i am getting isnt as good as when i was on CLTR... (CLTR avg 14+km/l, RP avg 13+km/l) unsure.gif

Different driver different style. My style more for very thin oil. Use the torque when I need it but will get to overdrive as fast as possible after that.

↡ Advertisement