Sound Proofing the car

Saaber

dun do roof lah.... tat will only b a problem when it rains.

the logic in SP is not to kill off all the noise. u can nebr achieve it, they will only become load parasite.

furthermore, there r natural elements which r large source of noise u cannot prevent. eg ur aircon blower.

the danger is that noise will revverates within the enclosed space and further amplify itself.

if ur intention is to prevent road noise... floor pan + doors. engine noise... fire wall + door + bonnet.

leave out the boot as a form of trap door for the noise to escape out. so instead of total enclosure, wat u end up if like a trough or tunnel.

Dear Apollo

If road noise is my major concern, should I SP the wheel arc and fender?

It seems fashionable for shops to offer arc/fender. Is there any use at all?

Thanks ahead. [:)]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Anyone tried Autosaver sound proofing services? The price quoted for my Stream 07 it seems good, sound proofing plus climate insulation less than $S1500.

Neutral Newbie

Hi, i come across ur post and u mention foonaudio for soundproofing. Juz wonder if u knw e price range for e 4 side doors? 2 layers for front and 1 layer for e back. thks lot

Neutral Newbie

Hi Mate,

Not too sure about the price - but its best to dropby for them to assess and let you know the options directly. Dun really think that its possible to have an accurate quote base on pieces :)

Neutral Newbie

Market rate is around $40 or $50 per layer per door, depending on the material used. Dynamite Extreme will cost more than that.

Hi there,

not sure whether have you resolved the road noise issue.

If you have not, you can try to get those 3M rubbernised spray and DIY on the wheel arch.

Neutral Newbie

going to do sound proofing at F**N audio at macpherson to wheel arc & 4 doors.

any feedback on this shop?.

doing so will add 5kg weight to my latio,

any comments?

also what material is best?.

appreciate reply.

thks

Soundproofing job is always done professionally and neatly at this shop. I've been patronising since it opened. Items taken out of the car is put back neatly and nothing is broken or missing. My car is super complicated to take apart yet he was able to do so.

Price is very reasonable. As for which material is suitable, why don't you just make a trip down and access what suits your needs?

I tried the rubberised spray before and they did not improve the sound proofing.

I had the entire car sound proofed with Dynamat extreme recently. It cost a bomb but it is a little quieter.

Btwl: where did you do your Dynamat extreme? Which part did you do and how much did it cost you?

What is the recommended layers that are to be installed in the doors?

Edited by Reuters

My car was done by Chuan Sing Auto. The entire car was sound proofed - from doors to bonnet, roof, firewall, arc fender etc...

I asked for maximum sound proofing and each door had 3 layers. Even the floor was double layered.

Cost quite a bit - but it did reduce the road noise especially on the highway. Not much appreciable difference on the normal road because my car was already fairly quiet. Did sound proofing because cannot listen to music on CTE even after changing tyres to Yokohama DB.

Hi all,

really need an installer that provides good workmanship. Dun wanna waste both money and time getting it done up and subsequently, reinforcement.... [crazy]

Please PM me if you could and it will be strictly between us. [thumbsup]

Cheers,

Andy

I was told that sound proofing the front doors will make noticable difference to enhance the sound system within. Is it easy to DIY myself? Do you guys still have those meet-ups for DIY session?

I've recently added front component speakers/tweeter/crossover to my stock HU; saw the installer at work, seems quite easy to take out the door cover. So I'm thinking it's just a matter of stuffing the internal with these SP materials? Or izit much more than that?

Improving my sound system one-step at a time, in a budget way... [;)]

I wondered if any of these suggested aggressive sound proofing would increase the weight of the car resulting in lower fuel efficiency.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2