AMSOIL rocks!

PowerRanger

Neutral Newbie

MCF is selling.. pick up from a shop somewhere in ubi.

if buy 12 bottle it's S$15 per bottle.

if buy less than that, it's S$17 per bottle.

Need some advice from you guys.. i was thinking of getting Amsoil.. however there are no actual main distributors in Singapore. i am a little wary on the possibility of getting counterfeit (maybe some ulu oil repackage as Amsoil that are originally from China etc). Engine oil cannot fool around right, so need the expert bros here whether you have hear of any fake amsoil oil? appreciate your advice, thanks!

Before you jump into anything, please make sure that you are getting the right grade of Amsoil.

The kind that MCF is selling is the ASL grade. 25,000 miles oil change.

There is a cheaper kind, the XL grade . That is only 7,500 miles oil change. MCF is not selling that.

I do not think that anyone selling cheaper than MCF for the moment.

Edited by Carmour

As I said, make sure you know what grade you are buying.

ASL is the higher grade Amsoil. If you buy lower grades like XLF, of cos you pay a lower price.

The previous posts do not state what grade is the oil. Only says that its "Amsoil".

As I said, make sure you know what grade you are buying.

ASL is the higher grade Amsoil. If you buy lower grades like XLF, of cos you pay a lower price.

The previous posts do not state what grade is the oil. Only says that its "Amsoil".

How do we tell the difference in grade? Cos in the bottle i have only mentioned SL, CI4. confused.gif Just wish to understand what grade i gotten. smallcry.gif

Neutral Newbie

Hey folks,

sorry I'm a noob, so have lotsa qns here.

I'm going for my first servicing (1600km) soon. Is it advisable to change to synthetic oil? Will Amsoil be good for engines that are running in?

My engine capacity is very small, just 658cc. So is Amsoil suitable for such engines? How many bottles do I need for each servicing?

Lastly, what's the recommended grade for my engine? Dunno what 5w-30 etc. means... [confused]

As I said, I'm a noob. Any help is deeply appreciated. [;)]

Neutral Newbie

Me noob too...

But from what I read so far, this is what I gathered.

To use synthetic or not, depends on interval to next servicing.

If less than 10,000km then no point using synthetic, cos synthetic can last at least 10,000km (Amsoil supposedly can last even further).

How much you need and which grade, gotta check you manual.

Usually found somewhere near the end.

Neutral Newbie

Tks for ur reply.

Problem is that my car manual is so barebones that it is basically useless. Can't find any technical info at all, not even tyre pressure or what's the min RON petrol to pump.

My service intervals are 1600, 5000 and 10000km. Ya, the first 2 interval is quite short.. but I'm eager to change to synthetic cos I find the engine on mineral oil is very weak. So I don't really mind spending a bit more for synthetic for my first servicing.

anyone wanna share to buy 12 bottles together?

Hi. I am interested. Doing my servicing next Sat. Which one u getting?

What is the difference btw 10W30 and 10W40?

Sorry not v familar.

↡ Advertisement