AMSOIL rocks!

PowerRanger

Neutral Newbie

hi bro, thanks for your info :)

don't mind tell me wat the full name for amsoil 5w30 and you got any lobang which workshop can change?? :P

↡ Advertisement

just curious, at what mileage then consider "high" and need to go with w40?.....

When your car is more than 3 years and/or your mileage is more than 75k mileage.

Neutral Newbie

Been using amsoil wt30 for 120,000km and past 4 years now. No problems whatsoever. The Engine is hardly the thing that gives problem nowadays. Get good oil (not expensive please!) and change every 10K is more than enough. Save the money and spend on wear and tear items better.

When your car is more than 3 years and/or your mileage is more than 75k mileage.

[sweatdrop] so low?... mine around that mileage already but still have 4 rounds of amsoil 0w30 servicing stocks.... [sweatdrop]

Yes Mini-itx is correct. ZDDP & phosphorus is lowered to protect the emission system but more importantly, the latest SM oils are designed to provide improved oxidation resistance, improve engine cleanliness, improved deposit protection, better wear protection, and better low-temperature performance over the life of the oil than API SL.

The addition of ZDDP usually results in reduced cleanliness, higher engine temperatures and more deposits. Some studies have shown that going past 1400 ppm of phosphorus will increase wear over the long term, and going above 2000 ppm will begin to break down iron and result in camshaft spalling.

That said, there is always pro and con as with any new standard. API SL is still safe for used with new car, read your owner manual as usually they will recommended the min API standard that is safe to use. API SL oil will not destroy your cat converter unless you are burning alot of engine oil but can be useful under high load or track work application. So as i always said, it's all depend on application.

Hi bro, i'm using AMO on my 20 months WRX, mileage 32k+. Car fully stock except for intake and exhaust. Running on stock cat. Owner's manual recommeneds API SM or SL. Any issue? Pls advise.

Another credit to Amsoil. !!

My scooby has been using it since day 1. Average oil change 10-15k.

Love this oil so much.. has been a happy customer for 4 yrs! Never thinking of changing brand.

amsoil Rock!

Always give me :D when i drive esp 1-5k mileage..

Bro u driving a rex? What viscostiy did u use on ur ride? cheers!

[sweatdrop] so low?... mine around that mileage already but still have 4 rounds of amsoil 0w30 servicing stocks.... [sweatdrop]

If you want, can continue to use subject to mechanic's checking of your car and engine and any subsequent advise otherwise.

Been using amsoil wt30 for 120,000km and past 4 years now. No problems whatsoever. The Engine is hardly the thing that gives problem nowadays. Get good oil (not expensive please!) and change every 10K is more than enough. Save the money and spend on wear and tear items better.

Thanks for sharing. Yes, you are right on that too.

Hi bro, i'm using AMO on my 20 months WRX, mileage 32k+. Car fully stock except for intake and exhaust. Running on stock cat. Owner's manual recommeneds API SM or SL. Any issue? Pls advise.

No problem at all, in fact if you ask me, i would recommend the same AMO 10w40 or Redline 10w40.

No problem at all, in fact if you ask me, i would recommend the same AMO 10w40 or Redline 10w40.

Bro AFL 5W40 suitable for my ride? This one is API SM & has cleansing formulation.

QUOTE (Trex101 @ May 30 2010, 09:08 AM)

Yes Mini-itx is correct. ZDDP & phosphorus is lowered to protect the emission system but more importantly, the latest SM oils are designed to provide improved oxidation resistance, improve engine cleanliness, improved deposit protection, better wear protection, and better low-temperature performance over the life of the oil than API SL.

The addition of ZDDP usually results in reduced cleanliness, higher engine temperatures and more deposits. Some studies have shown that going past 1400 ppm of phosphorus will increase wear over the long term, and going above 2000 ppm will begin to break down iron and result in camshaft spalling.

That said, there is always pro and con as with any new standard. API SL is still safe for used with new car, read your owner manual as usually they will recommended the min API standard that is safe to use. API SL oil will not destroy your cat converter unless you are burning alot of engine oil but can be useful under high load or track work application. So as i always said, it's all depend on application.

I assume your question is concerning to the ZDDP level in SM or SL engine oil for your ride? If so, please be informed that the API SM & SL restriction to phosphorus content (i.e. SM = max 900ppm and SL = max 1000ppm) is only applicable to engine oil of viscosity grade 10w30 and below.

Since you are using a 40 grade viscosity engine oil, there are no maximium restriction to the ZDDP under the API guideline.

QUOTE (Trex101 @ May 30 2010, 09:08 AM)

I assume your question is concerning to the ZDDP level in SM or SL engine oil for your ride? If so, please be informed that the API SM & SL restriction to phosphorus content (i.e. SM = max 900ppm and SL = max 1000ppm) is only applicable to engine oil of viscosity grade 10w30 and below.

Since you are using a 40 grade viscosity engine oil, there are no maximium restriction to the ZDDP under the API guideline.

oic.. Tks.

Sorry, typo error. SM = 800ppm (max), not 900ppm.

↡ Advertisement