AMSOIL rocks!

PowerRanger

Many thanks to Fabiaman who passed me the carton early this week. I suddenly wanted to do my servicing which was slightly overdue and FMan obliged in meeting up with me urgently.

Boy, this Amsoil really damn good! My states friend did tell me to try this oil when we spoke abt cars as this brand is very very popular in US but unknown here.

After driving off from the servicing mech, very noticeably, the engine revs much more willingly and also very noticeably - much quieter too! I was using Mobil 1 before this and I never had this feeling before when I used the Mobil or Shell Helix.

So happy was I that I didnt mind taking wrong turns this whole week on the roads as I enjoyed driving very much. I am still monitoring fuel consumption as I strongly believe the improved throttle response will improve fuel economy.

One word to describe this lub - EXCELLENT!

↡ Advertisement

Hi Jas... glad u liked the oil.

Response and feedback on the Amsoil has been extremely encouraging and will check with TB if we can get another shipment in.

For those who are keen to try this excellent lubricant, drop me a quick SMS at 97581800 as stock is running low.

Neutral Newbie

My 2nd hand stream, when I first got it, doesn't feel smooth at all....

(Previous owner told me he just change engine oil ! But the oil is BLACK !!!)

Immediately, change to AMSOIL and feel so much smoother !

But dunno is it due to lousy oil to good oil or due to the superb properties of AMSOIL ...

If previous owner use mineral, I guess any syntetic oil should give the same effect rite ?

Thanks for the feedback PowerRanger [nod][thumbsup]

I'm glad AMSOIl did good for your car, we hope to get more but in the meantime stock is running out [:(]

Here in the US AMSOIL is recognized to be as [thumbsup] as Mobil 1.

Hi Sei Fei Loh,

The bottles are packed in 1 Quart per bottle... which is equivalent to 0.946 liter per bottle.

The stock is currently running very low.

SMS me at 92771800 if you are keen to try it out.

Thanks.

Edited by Admin

ASMSOIL is strictly mail order in the US so prices are on their online store. Suprisingly I don't see any RP here, only AMSOIL and Redline amongst the usual suspects like Mobil, Quaker State, Valvoline and Pennzoil.

Hi Guyver,

Gd Morning... yes... I am new to this forum. Thank you for your welcome. How come you I drive a Nissan? Btw, that is not my car. It belongs to my dad. d: ) I am a student anyways, so no $$ [:|]

Btw, I am very interested in COOL's Apollos, but I heard from Sparrow saying our cars need 2 of them. My dad drives an old Cefiro, the more rectangular one. d: )

I am now saving up for apollos.

Hi Guys,

New here in the forum. Just a question.

It states in the review for Amsoil that the oil can last till 25k miles (40k km). Does it mean no engine oil change required as per normal interval of 10k km. Or how often does one need to chnage engine oil using Amsoil.

Topgun7557

Neutral Newbie

To offer my own experience, I'm using Amsoil 10/40 in my Nissan Sunny B14 now.

It is smoother than the Castrol 20/50 I was using before. I'm pretty happy with the results thus far, even after 5,000km. [thumbsup]

Cos your nick is "Ce-Fi-ro" mah.... so that's why.... it's ok... this is a forum for car enthusiast.... not car owners.... [:)]

We got meetups this friday... so make your way down to Jln Kayu and u get to see the rest.... [thumbsup]

Think it all depends on how much we want to protect the engine.... and also.. the temperature in S'pore is different from US... and there's more highway cruising as compared to S'pore start stop conditions.... so we must adjust accordingly to all this factors as well.

Just my 2 cents... [:)]

Topgun... yes Amsoil also do state on their marketing communications that oil change at 25,000km change is "no problemo"...

Driving condition is probably different in the States and Spore... Spore driving is pretty much start stop start stop and thus wears the engine even more than the States where freeway driving in the large country wears the engine lesser.

Dunno whether the above makes sense why 25,000 km change for the msoil in Singapore is stretching it a bit too far.... but the matter of fact is that the manufacturer's recommendation of 25,000km change shows the product quality and level confidence this reputed manufacturer placed on the lubricant.

↡ Advertisement