VW Passat 2.0

Beep2

Neutral Newbie

Has anyone got this car yet ? Was considering it against Legacy 2.0 AWD and Honda 2.0 JDM (price range just below <100K)

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

a friend manage to get this at $100k I believe.

If you are considering the likes of camry, cefiro, etc, I think this car is much better.

but you compare legacy or euroR, alittle different lah.

Hi there.

It's a decently built car but according to some I've received some unconfirmed reports that it's not made in any European country (can anyone confirm this ?) and some have said the 2.0 is barely sufficient if you're looking at some rapid pace (but I guess that depends on your driving style). Apart from that potential glitch to some, I think it's quite a decent car although if I were in that market for a semi-executive conti saloon, I'd give the Skoda Superb (which essentially the same car but a slightly longer wheelbase, costs more-or-less the same and more power) serious thought.

Of course, it's a Skoda, which for some, may not be too attractive a name. [sly]

Has anyone got this car yet ? Was considering it against Legacy 2.0 AWD and Honda 2.0 JDM (price range just below <100K)

Bro, I suggest u go test out ,do ur numbers,etc..all of us can help n give advice based on our personal experiences with our rides but in de end , its your own gut feeling about how u feel drivig the car and ur $$$ that matters.Dun forget the after sales service as well. as far as im concern, if i may borrow a quote here, "what resale value?".

U hav to be happy with your car for a long time!

Neutral Newbie

Yes, now they have brought in the 2.0L Auto version to compete with the japanese cars. 1.8T is still available but cost more. Chasis is more or less the same, engine is the main difference.

I heard the serving by c&c is very expensive, like to know how the cost look like if you know please.

Edited by Beep2

Neutral Newbie

not too sure either. never had a chance to own a volks b4. nowadays maintenace aren;t cheap oso. my sunny at 20k interval cost me $200 plus.