Can S'porean drive a Msian car?

Dualie

I think Singaporeans with local license are not allow to drive a Malaysia registered vehicle in Msia.

What if I'm to get a international license? Can I then drive a Malaysian car?

Pls enlighten.

↡ Advertisement

I tried driving Malaysia car n was fined but was caught speeding n the mata din say anything abt me driving malaysia car.Some more Singapore licence standard is higher.

Logically should be okay, esp with international license. Like any other foreigner, you should be able to rent and drive a rental car in Malaysia (which is, of course, M'sian-registered). Why not?

yup, look at your international license which shows that it is required to have it for driving in m'sia (of course their cars lah).

Edited by Anakin

Neutral Newbie

" Logically should be okay, esp with international license. Like any other foreigner, you should be able to rent and drive a rental car in Malaysia (which is, of course, M'sian-registered). Why not? "

If someone with a Spore licence can RENT a car to drive the UK , why cant one rent a car to drive in M'sia ???

[sly][lipsrsealed][gossip][laugh]

As someone has mentioned, I have driven in US, UK, Australia, and some other countries including Malaysia. Theoretically, you should have an international driving license which you can easily get it from AA. However, if you don't, I don't think it's going to be too much of an issue as well unless there's some investigation due to an incident where you may be implicated. I believe you can check it out at Malaysia TP webpage or with AA.

Neutral Newbie

You shd have no problems driving a Malaysian registered car in Msia with your Singapore license within your social visit visa period. If you are on some other long term visa like working visa, you might require an international license.

I think Singaporeans with local license are not allow to drive a Malaysia registered vehicle in Msia.

Pls enlighten.

Actually wherever I go... I just drive... if kana stopped by the police.. then just tell them with FULL confident "Singapore driving license is Internationally recognised, u dunno meh?".......... [laugh][laugh]

Sorry, havent been looking at the forums very much.

Okies, singaporeans are not allowed to drive malaysian vehicles in singapore (and likewise for malaysians). However, you can drive in the correct vehicles regardless of where you got your licence, though a singaporean can only drive on a foreign licence if they have returned home for not more than 6 months (not sure about malaysia).

Pls enlighten.

Pls enlighten.

theoritically, u can only drive MY registered car in MY but not in Sg [nod]

but in reality, if the MY TP's pocket is empty he may tell u 'cannot', and u'll have to argue with him [sweatdrop][lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed]

Edited by En0203

Yes u can drive Malaysia car in Malaysia. I always do that with my dad's car, caught couple of times for speeding/dangourous driving but the police did not say anything about cannot drive malay registered car in malaysia.

But u or PR definitely cannot drive mal car in Singapore. The penelty is very high. Got friends caught couple of times.

Edited by Cow28

Neutral Newbie

Okies, singaporeans are not allowed to drive malaysian vehicles in singapore (and likewise for malaysians).

Part 1 is correct cause as citizens of Singapore, we have to pay and contribute to the Cash Cow called COE unimpressed.gif

Part 2 is wrong ... Malaysians are welcomed to buy Singapore cars as long as they pay the COE unimpressed.gif

Actually wherever I go... I just drive... if kana stopped by the police.. then just tell them with FULL confident "Singapore driving license is Internationally recognised, u dunno meh?".......... laugh.giflaugh.gif

SG licence no expiry date. My polis actually queried me and thot it's a fake.

.....Some more Singapore licence standard is higher.

i beg to differ.... see the way some singapore driver up north highway, u know what i mean....basic courtesy stuff also cannot learn... [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Pls enlighten.

Actually wherever I go... I just drive... if kana stopped by the police.. then just tell them with FULL confident "Singapore driving license is Internationally recognised, u dunno meh?".......... laugh.giflaugh.gif

haha same reaction thumbsup.gifbounce2.gifbounce2.gifbounce2.gif

↡ Advertisement