Mazda 3 or MX-5

Icebird

Anyone knows how the fule consumption compares? Mazda 3 seems very popular, but i think the MX-5 is quite cool. Thinking of a getting a second-hand but can't find any adverts. Anyone knows any problems that the MX-5 has? any review sites?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

hehe... funny how I was considering the miata a few months back!

check this website www.miata-sg.com

a brand new 1.6l 5 speed manual miata should be around $94,000 at this moment. wait a while and I think it'll drop even further cos I think the COE for the 1.6l and below cat should drop [sweatdrop]

Turbocharged

Haven't bought my car yet but I've narrowed it down to BMW 3 series Cabriolet, Coupe or the Z4. I'm a sucker for rear wheel driven cars with 2 doors and drop tops and there aren't many to choose from in the first place.

I did not choose MX5 because its a little too small for me. I'm tall and I lift lots of weights. Size is a consideration. MX5 is a nice driver's car. Its a very basic roadster with little to zero electronic gadgetry but thats the beauty of it. The hood is manually operated and its a plus point as it does not add to the weight. Test drive it for yourself. I think you'll like it and its definitely one of the cheapest roadsters out there. Very very good value for money. Don't expect the engine to be refined and smooth though. Its just a very simple 1.6 inline four. The gearbox and gear throw is good though. Very slick and short. Handling is excellent as well.

Koren --> Miata is zippy. Its a very light car. I reckon the century sprint should be in the order of high 8s to 9s.

Edited by Brandonsoh